M.O.R.E. SHACKLE QUESTION

Old September 4th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
duna6430

Default M.O.R.E. SHACKLE QUESTION

On my '84 Scrambler - I just installed front/rear MORE shackles -
there's an extra bolt w/sleeve for each shackle set, which I first
thought to be the hanger/bolt for the other side of each set of
springs (and couldn't figure out what the sleeve was for).

Then it came to me that the sleeve would fit in the middle hole of the
bracket and tried it on the rear - but it doesn't seem needed (steel's
already thicker than the stock, and it causes a little bulging in the
center as the bushing is just an 1/8 inch or so too long.

Thanks in advance...if anybody's interested - the shackles went on w/
out a problem (old & original were a bear to take out). Ride much
improved.

Old September 4th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

I installed their heavy duty shackles a couple years ago, rediculiosly
heavy duty compaired to stock, anyway I didn't have any extra parts, just
shackle nut/bolt.

ups.com...

Old September 4th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank

A center brace?

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/catal...lubeshacks.htm

Old September 8th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
duna6430

Greg & Frank -

Thanks! After your link Greg I did some peeking under a few jeeps
I've seen in and around Memphis, and found a couple with the MORE
installed, and sure enough, my hunch was right after all. One had the
distortion/bowing like mine ended up with, and another had some newer
leaf springs (wider - so there was no bowing at all).

Despite the bow, I'm going back under it this weekend if I get the
chance for some new shocks.

Thanks again for the posts - looking forward to learning more as I go
along...

duna sends...

Shackle lift help The Merg[_1_] Jeep 6 January 10th 07 03:32 AM
cj5 shackle question marvin martian Jeep 28 May 23rd 05 03:00 PM
another shackle question wallster Jeep 4 April 19th 05 10:25 PM
Please explain different type of lifts shackle suspension ect... [email protected] Jeep 2 March 19th 05 12:00 PM
CJ5 Shackle Dimensions Don Jeep 5 February 19th 05 07:54 PM