RIM SIZE FOR 2006 WRANGLER (con't)

Old September 6th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Bill Spiliotopoulos

Default RIM SIZE FOR 2006 WRANGLER (con't)

Hi Tracie,

The Jeep looks great!

The puddle under the passenger side is indeed from the AC condensation, and
is normal. The drain of the heating/cooling system is there.
The condensation on the AC tubes in the engine compartment is also normal.

If you want to take things slow, you could only add a 3/4 spacer in the
front and bar pin eliminators in the front. This would make the front wheels
look much more at home, and would not require any more tinkering and
adjustments. Not difficult to do, and probably the shop you buy the stuff
can install it for free in an hour.

With the 2" spacer lift front and back it would look awesome.

Thanks for the pics.

Bill Spiliotopoulos,
'96 XJ,
'06 TJ.

oups.com...

Old September 6th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

"Tracie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Sep 5, 9:46 pm, "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote:
>> "Tracie" > wrote in message

> The puddle under the passenger side lower control arm is what I think
> is condensation from running the vents in the defrost/floor mode on
> cool air. I have stuck my finger in the puddle in the past and it
> comes up clear. This happens every time I run the vents this way. Uh-
> oh....is that not supposed to happen? It doesn't do this on the
> driver's side, but from my understanding, the cooling system is on the
> passenger side. I have opened the hood and have noticed some minor
> condensation on the metal tubes near the firewall (?) on the passenger
> side. Normal or not?

Normal. When the HVAC is set to Defrost, the A/C system is engaged to help
dry off the windshield. The condensate drain is on the passenger side
firewall.

Old September 6th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Tracie

On Sep 6, 7:21 am, "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote:
> "Tracie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > On Sep 5, 9:46 pm, "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote:
> >> "Tracie" > wrote in message

> > The puddle under the passenger side lower control arm is what I think
> > is condensation from running the vents in the defrost/floor mode on
> > cool air. I have stuck my finger in the puddle in the past and it
> > comes up clear. This happens every time I run the vents this way. Uh-
> > oh....is that not supposed to happen? It doesn't do this on the
> > driver's side, but from my understanding, the cooling system is on the
> > passenger side. I have opened the hood and have noticed some minor
> > condensation on the metal tubes near the firewall (?) on the passenger
> > side. Normal or not?

> Normal. When the HVAC is set to Defrost, the A/C system is engaged to help
> dry off the windshield. The condensate drain is on the passenger side
> firewall.

I am definitely going to have a spacer lift of some kind installed. I
originally thought I wanted a 4.5" suspension lift, but I really don't
think I will need it now that I have seen how my jeep looks with just
the increase in height from the larger tires. I think the most I want
to go would be a 2" or 2.5" spacer lift with longer shocks/longer bump
stops. Not only that, but I really don't want the expense of having
to do everything properly (i.e. new CV driveshaft and SYE) or the
potential headaches from installing a lift that high. AND I would
have to re-gear the jeep on top of everything else to be able to run
anything larger than the 31/10.5s I have on there now because I only
have the 3.07s. My wallet has nightmares just thinking about that
expense! LOL

On the upside, I really haven't noticed that much difference at all in
power loss or gas mileage with the larger tires. I have the 4.0L I-6
and when going up a decent sized hill, she stays at almost the same
speed (loses 2-3 mph) from the bottom of the hill all the way to the
top without hardly any loss of power. I have a 6 speed manual tranny,
and as previous posters have stated in the other thread, I don't use
my OD (6th gear) on the highway. Other than that, it's great.

If anyone has any pictures of their jeeps, I would love to see them.
I really enjoy being a part of this group, and it's nice to just help
each other out and give ideas/advice when needed without all the BS
that goes on in some of the other threads. I have thought about
putting SS hood latches on to replace the originals. I think that
will be the last of SS I do. I can't see replacing the footman loop
with SS as it won't look right (in my opinion). I also have the front
headlight and turn signal/side marker euro guards on order from the
gent that I ordered the rear ones from. Those are all black chrome.
I wanted the "shiny" look, but didn't want the bright "mirror finish"
look, so black chrome was right in the middle. From a distance, they
almost look like SS, but when up close, you can see the black hue to
them. I am also looking at putting the black plastic door sill guards
on the jeep too (just not the kind that you can see from outside the
jeep with the door closed).