Detroit rear, or lockright F&B

Old July 2nd 04, 02:02 PM
Greg

Default Detroit rear, or lockright F&B

If you had a choice, would you go with the detroit locker in rear only, or
go with lockright front and back. Given that 2 lockrights are about $150.00
Canadian less then the detroit. I'm changing gears, so now is the time to do
something, so the install cost of the detroit wont come into it. Decisions,
decisions.
This is in an 81 CJ7, dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear with one peice axles.

Old July 2nd 04, 03:31 PM
Axel Hammer

Greg schrieb:

> If you had a choice, would you go with the detroit locker in rear only, or
> go with lockright front and back. Given that 2 lockrights are about $150.00
> Canadian less then the detroit. I'm changing gears, so now is the time to do
> something, so the install cost of the detroit wont come into it. Decisions,
> decisions.
> This is in an 81 CJ7, dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear with one peice axles.

Take the decision on what you're about to do with the car, not on the cost. This
is secondary. You always can double up on a Detroit but never double up on
broken LockRights that went down in the rocks.

Axel

Old July 3rd 04, 04:06 AM
Steve W.

ARB Air lockers in both ends. Unless it is used off road a LOT then I
would put a Detroit in the back and an ARB up front.
As for putting a true locker in the front that cannot be turned off NOT
ON YOUR LIFE.
--
Steve

Old July 3rd 04, 07:55 AM
Axel Hammer

"Steve W." schrieb:

> ARB Air lockers in both ends. Unless it is used off road a LOT then I
> would put a Detroit in the back and an ARB up front.
> As for putting a true locker in the front that cannot be turned off NOT
> ON YOUR LIFE.
> --
> Steve

C'mon, if you don't have alltime 4WD two L/R are very good to handle. Free
wheel hubs are mandatory, though.

Axel

Old July 3rd 04, 07:16 PM
PR

Mini-spool the back......its more friendly on the road than a locker
......no clickin' or jerkin'

The Dirt Weasel
"JEEP..........It's whats fer' Dinner".....".Here Jeeper Jeeper "
if it takes more than 3 bolts .......... it's important