Window regulator

Old December 12th 09, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jetta704PZ

Default Window regulator

Hi All,

Would anyone care to recommend a good source for a replacement power
window regulator for an A3 2.0L Jetta?
VW's list price is about $115, I can order a Meyle replacement online
for $48 + shipping. All suggestions welcome.

JPZ
Old December 13th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Is the Meyle a direct replacement?
$48 sounds like a great price! Where is this place selling these
regulators?

Old December 13th 09, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jetta704PZ

Yes, the Meyle is a direct replacement. A local parts retailer has it
for $89, but the online link is:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...ow%20Regulator

also found an name I'm not familiar with for $34:

http://www.aboveallmotorwerks.com/pr...tegory=6712***

On a positive note, pulled the regulator yesterday to block the window
in place and was able to effect a repair using a tie wrap and JB Weld.
Time will tell how it holds.

Old December 15th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Excellent thanks for that link, I have saved it!

Hope you replace the regulator BEFORE you find out how long your "repair"
lasts. ;-)

wrote:
> Is the Meyle a direct replacement?
> $48 sounds like a great price! Where is this place selling these
> regulators?
>
> "Jetta704PZ" > wrote in message

> > Hi All,

> > Would anyone care to recommend a good source for a replacement power
> > window regulator for an A3 2.0L Jetta?
> > VW's list price is about $115, I can order a Meyle replacement online
> > for $48 + shipping. All suggestions welcome.

> > JPZ

Window regulator grease Jeff Strickland BMW 1 September 7th 07 07:49 PM
getting window regulator out and in jdperret VW air cooled 1 November 25th 06 05:16 PM
window regulator helpmeplease BMW 0 April 3rd 06 01:43 AM
Replacing a Window Regulator? Kyonn Gowans Jeep 10 November 2nd 05 05:18 AM
What is the best window regulator? Guardenman VW water cooled 3 October 10th 05 06:23 AM