Cherokee fuel pump

Old December 1st 04, 02:27 PM
David Amundi

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks all.

Old December 1st 04, 03:04 PM
Mike Romain

Mic canic.

Would you please at least do some basic homework before coming on this
board and lying to people!

The 97 XJ indeed has a recall on the fuel sender. The recall info:

JEEP Model : CHEROKEE Year : 1997
Manufacturer : DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 97V194000

Recall Date : NOV 04, 1997
Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY

From this link:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...ls/results.cfm

I bet you are lying about having to drop the tank too!

Anything to scam money out of the poor 'mark' eh?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 1st 04, 03:04 PM
Mike Romain

Mic canic.

Would you please at least do some basic homework before coming on this
board and lying to people!

The 97 XJ indeed has a recall on the fuel sender. The recall info:

JEEP Model : CHEROKEE Year : 1997
Manufacturer : DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 97V194000

Recall Date : NOV 04, 1997
Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY

From this link:

Old December 1st 04, 03:14 PM
Mike Romain

Well, 'mic canic' is a liar about the recall and I bet about dropping
the tank too. My book shows the pump coming out from the front on all
the Cherokees now that I went and looked it up. Book could be wrong,
but...

It is easy to tell. Just go under and look at the front of the gas
tank. If you see the gas lines going into a circle shaped plate on the
front top of the tank, the pump comes out that way.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 1st 04, 03:14 PM
Mike Romain

Old December 2nd 04, 02:39 PM
Dave Best

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 10:14:53 -0500, Mike Romain >
wrote:

>Well, 'mic canic' is a liar about the recall and I bet about dropping
>the tank too. My book shows the pump coming out from the front on all
>the Cherokees now that I went and looked it up. Book could be wrong,
>but...
>
>It is easy to tell. Just go under and look at the front of the gas
>tank. If you see the gas lines going into a circle shaped plate on the
>front top of the tank, the pump comes out that way.
>
>Mike
>86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
>
>David Amundi wrote:
>>
>> That's what I was afraid of. Thanks all.

No Mike the tank has to come out. I have a 97 XJ, and that recall was
not in the range on my Vi. No. so Chrysler wouldn't pay for it. The
new sender comes with a new Gasket and new bolts for the tank straps.
The bet way I have found is to cut the old bolts with a Sawzall. Dave
Old December 2nd 04, 02:39 PM
Dave Best

Old December 2nd 04, 03:06 PM
Mike Romain

Dave Best wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 10:14:53 -0500, Mike Romain >
> wrote:
>
> >Well, 'mic canic' is a liar about the recall and I bet about dropping
> >the tank too. My book shows the pump coming out from the front on all
> >the Cherokees now that I went and looked it up. Book could be wrong,
> >but...
> >
> >It is easy to tell. Just go under and look at the front of the gas
> >tank. If you see the gas lines going into a circle shaped plate on the
> >front top of the tank, the pump comes out that way.
> >
> >Mike
> >86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
> >88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
> >
> >David Amundi wrote:
> >>
> >> That's what I was afraid of. Thanks all.

> No Mike the tank has to come out. I have a 97 XJ, and that recall was
> not in the range on my Vi. No. so Chrysler wouldn't pay for it. The
> new sender comes with a new Gasket and new bolts for the tank straps.
> The bet way I have found is to cut the old bolts with a Sawzall. Dave

Too bad the 97 Cherokee recall missed your VIN.

It would figure Chrysler wanting their 'mechanics' to make more money on
a common fix so they hid the pump. Anything to be able to charge more
for a repair eh. It was 'way' too easy to change the older pumps. Only
a half hour labor sitting in the driveway.

My book only goes up to 97 and doesn't cover those tank changes. That
is when Chrysler really started messing around it would seem eh.

Mike
Old December 2nd 04, 03:06 PM
Mike Romain

Old December 4th 04, 03:18 PM
mic canic

hey i'm not a egotistical ass like you and i can say oops i made a mistake

now that i remember you don't have to totally drop the tank just angle it
one the right side to access the lock ring
now that i think about it i did very few xj's for the recall and tons of
tj's and zj's

i just love getting under your skin and it's so easy