91 Grand Wagoneer Oil Change =s high oil pressure, why?

Old December 1st 04, 04:58 PM
mmiller

Default 91 Grand Wagoneer Oil Change =s high oil pressure, why?

Took my 91 Grand Wagoneer to Jiffy Lube last week for an overdue oil
change. (note it is getting colder here in New England) I noticed
that every morning since when I start the car the oil pressure guage
is pegged at the top ("80"), after 15 to 30 minutes the guage shows a
more 'normal' pressure range, anyone have any idea of what is going
on? Did Jiffy Lube put the wrong viscosity oil in the ole' girl?

tnx
Old December 1st 04, 05:01 PM
Mike Romain

See my other post about your ground....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 1st 04, 05:01 PM
Mike Romain

Old December 1st 04, 05:04 PM
Snow

Look on your copy of the invoice, it should state what type and weight of
oil they used. If its that cold out over night then it sounds pretty close
to normal, cold thick oil will have high pressures until the oil warms up
and thins out. I would double check the type of oil added, I haven't been
to a jiffy or rapid lube place in years but the last I was there they asked
what type of oil I wanted (10w30,10w40, 5w30, 5w40 etc.)

Snow...

Old December 1st 04, 05:04 PM
Snow

Old December 4th 04, 02:59 AM
Lon

mmiller proclaimed:

> Took my 91 Grand Wagoneer to Jiffy Lube last week for an overdue oil
> change. (note it is getting colder here in New England) I noticed
> that every morning since when I start the car the oil pressure guage
> is pegged at the top ("80"), after 15 to 30 minutes the guage shows a
> more 'normal' pressure range, anyone have any idea of what is going
> on? Did Jiffy Lube put the wrong viscosity oil in the ole' girl?

Although it is possible that some place some where in a far away
land, there is possibly a Jiffy Lube that doesn't screw up each
and every car they touch, that place is not here, nor there.
...and their prices tend to be rather close to those at a real
mechanic where "dipstick" is not the supervisor's name.

I would think you'd notice a bit in cranking speed if the oil
were too thick, maybe not. Check your oil level to make sure
the level is correct as well. Pull the stick when the engine
is morning level cold, you should be able to notice whether the
oil runs properly or looks somewhat like brown vaseline.
Or simply change it...and the filter.

Old December 4th 04, 02:59 AM
Lon

mmiller proclaimed:

> Took my 91 Grand Wagoneer to Jiffy Lube last week for an overdue oil
> change. (note it is getting colder here in New England) I noticed
> that every morning since when I start the car the oil pressure guage
> is pegged at the top ("80"), after 15 to 30 minutes the guage shows a
> more 'normal' pressure range, anyone have any idea of what is going
> on? Did Jiffy Lube put the wrong viscosity oil in the ole' girl?

Although it is possible that some place some where in a far away
land, there is possibly a Jiffy Lube that doesn't screw up each
and every car they touch, that place is not here, nor there.
...and their prices tend to be rather close to those at a real
mechanic where "dipstick" is not the supervisor's name.

I would think you'd notice a bit in cranking speed if the oil
were too thick, maybe not. Check your oil level to make sure
the level is correct as well. Pull the stick when the engine
is morning level cold, you should be able to notice whether the
oil runs properly or looks somewhat like brown vaseline.
Or simply change it...and the filter.

Climatronic Diagnostic Controls Luís Lourenço Audi 1 November 12th 04 08:22 AM
Integra Emissions Failure Dkakd Honda 13 November 8th 04 09:14 AM
Proper tire pressure for Firestone Indy 500 FireHawk - 74 Vette - Can anyone read? Tom in Missouri Corvette 0 August 10th 04 05:30 PM