test post - second try

Old January 7th 05, 04:40 AM
Bob K 207

Default test post - second try

test post - second try

Old January 7th 05, 04:59 AM
WaterWatcher

"Bob K 207" > wrote in message
> test post - second try

There are test newsgroups for this, you know.

Old January 7th 05, 02:48 PM
HLS

> Thanks for the info but I know that.
>
> Got any idea why my first post didn't appear on my newsreader?
>
> cheers
> Bob

It appeared on mine. You probably have some settings that need to be
tweaked.

IMHO if you absolutely MUST test to an active newsgroup, you should remove
the post as quickly as possible. Sort of like flushing a toilet.

Old January 8th 05, 12:31 AM
.

"HLS" > wrote in message

> > Thanks for the info but I know that.
> >
> > Got any idea why my first post didn't appear on my newsreader?
> >
> > cheers
> > Bob

> It appeared on mine. You probably have some settings that need to be
> tweaked.
>
> IMHO if you absolutely MUST test to an active newsgroup, you should

remove
> the post as quickly as possible. Sort of like flushing a toilet.

Many ISPs don't honor cancels.

Old January 8th 05, 12:36 AM
TCS

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:31:17 -0600, . > wrote:
>"HLS" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Thanks for the info but I know that.
>> >
>> > Got any idea why my first post didn't appear on my newsreader?
>> >
>> > cheers
>> > Bob

>> It appeared on mine. You probably have some settings that need to be
>> tweaked.
>>
>> IMHO if you absolutely MUST test to an active newsgroup, you should

>remove
>> the post as quickly as possible. Sort of like flushing a toilet.
>>

>Many ISPs don't honor cancels.

There's absolutely no reason to post a test message to a non test newsgroup.
There isn't any code in any newsreader that is specific to any particular
newsgroup. If you can post to one, you can post to all non-moderated
newsgroups.

If you feel a need to test on a real newsgroup, do it by posting something
related to the newsgroup -- have some to say! If you've nothing to say
then it really doesn't matter wether or not you can post.

Old January 8th 05, 08:00 AM
Bob K 207

>If you feel a need to test on a real newsgroup, do it by posting something
>related to the newsgroup -- have some to say! If you've nothing to say
>then it really doesn't matter wether or not you can post.

I posted a meaningful post to this newsgroup, a question about a 4WD Explorer
failure to engage 4WD after sitting for a week in cold
weather...................the post (according to my newsgroup reader) never
appeared.

I post a test post............never appeared

the only post readable by me was my second test post & thus this
thread..............any explanation Oh brilliant one?

Old January 8th 05, 11:20 AM
MasterBlaster

"Bob K 207" > wrote

> I post a test post............never appeared
>
> the only post readable by me was my second test post & thus this
> thread..............any explanation Oh brilliant one?

See the very first line above?
See the 3 letters right after the "@"?
There's your explanation.

Old January 8th 05, 03:46 PM
« Paul »

Bob K 207 wrote:

> the only post readable by me was my second test post & thus this
> thread..............any explanation Oh brilliant one?

Easy explanation: your servers are messed up. Talk to your isp.
Old January 8th 05, 04:13 PM
Mike Romain

You are using AOL and their news service is broken with no ETA on a fix
from what others are saying. If you contact their customer support you
will find they know nothing about fixing it or even 'if' it will get
fixed.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's