Blend door or what?

Old November 3rd 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Dave Morrison

Default Blend door or what?

I have one small problem that might be related to the blend door, but I'm
not sure if '03's are still affected by this or not. Also, this problem
probably won't reappear until next Summer but thought I'd ask anyway. On
many Summer nights after a rainfall, the humidity level goes sky high here
in Florida. If I have my A/C on and the control is set for "Recirculate", I
have a fairly large air leakage up through the defrost vents. I'm guessing
that a slight amount of airflow up there would be necessary to keep the
windshield clear on the INSIDE, but I have SO much leakage that I have to
keep the windshield wipers on AFTER the rains stops just to get the mositure
off of the OUTSIDE of the glass. The glass surface is getting so cold from
this leakage that the glass is sweating on the outside surface.

1. Is this the infamous blend door issue?
2. If not, what guesses would you have?
3. How much air SHOULD I be getting through the defrost vent when the
control is set for Recirculate?

Dave

Old November 4th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Captain Coleman

I think some air always goes to your dash vents if you pick a setting that
engages the compressor. The only way to prevent this is to close off your
dash vents with tape or some other object.

Old November 4th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Dave Morrison

I was expecting SOME bleed through (see below) but this is a fairly strong
leakage. Can anybody here try this out for me by running their air on
Recirculate and put your hand above the defrost vents. Let me know if you
get a tiny bit of airflow or a lot.

dave

.. .

Old November 4th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe

I have had similar problems under fairly cool high humidity
conditions. I find that this occurs most often if I leave the control
in the Automatic position. I find that under some conditions the
system will send the air out the floor outlet which also puts a lot of
air in the defrost outlets. If I leave the AC on but select the dash
vents, it seems to reduce the problem. Note this relates to my '05
Limited with the automatic system. Don't know if it applies to your
model or not.

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 22:50:39 -0500, "Dave Morrison"
> wrote:

>I was expecting SOME bleed through (see below) but this is a fairly strong
>leakage. Can anybody here try this out for me by running their air on
>Recirculate and put your hand above the defrost vents. Let me know if you
>get a tiny bit of airflow or a lot.
>
>dave

. ..