UGGG now there's a starting problem

Old May 15th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default UGGG now there's a starting problem

Ok I grounded the alternator, Changed the fuse box. However I now have
a new problem. With the change of fuse box I got many of the
essentials back, rear lights, brake lights, dome lights, windshield
wipers working when they are supposed to. All nice.

But I now the car wont start. The fuel pump does not come on.However
it does come on if I connect a wire near the box to one of the fuses.
Apperently the pump had been jury rigged by some previous owner. This
car has only 80,000 miles on it so I want it running well. Any tips to
my new problem. Things i should look at. The car does have spark. It
actually started acouple times after the fuse box change but has know
stopped as it seems to be starved for fuel.. Any diagrams i could look
at just incase i missed a wire here or there. The fuse box was
definately the same model number.

Could I have starved it of fuel? I can get the pump to turn on by
pressing a white wire up to the fuse box. apperently it was rigged to
signal lights.

Old May 15th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Homer

ps.com...

Wiring diagram - http://volkswagen.msk.ru/electro/golf83.zip

Old May 16th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Thanks homer but i can't use that. I have the old style fuse box with
the cylinder fuses.

BMW 740 Starting Problem BMW740 BMW 5 August 29th 06 01:24 PM
starting problem steve Chrysler 0 July 26th 06 10:30 PM
C4 starting problem Brad Corvette 0 August 9th 05 01:36 AM
starting problem HomeBrewer Jeep 10 March 24th 05 02:36 PM
'93 SC@ starting problem... darse Saturn 1 September 20th 04 01:36 AM