1991 Honda Accord Problem! Help needed.

Old February 14th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gyuri

Default 1991 Honda Accord Problem! Help needed.

Hi. I recently bought a 1991 Honda Accord (Manual) that is in a pretty
good shape if it's not of the little rust at the wings and the fuel
leak when the tank is full. All that is not a problem it will be fixed
but there's a really annoying problem I'm experiencing and I'm not
quite sure what causes it. The car almost never takes first gear
unless I first put the car in second gear and then back in first gear.
Sometimes it doesn't even take the second gear unless I put pressure
on the shifter in order to make it go in which is not very good. Once
the car is moving though it takes in any gear easily just as it
should. What could be the problem? I just hope it's not the
transmission because I bought this car for very cheap and I don't want
to spend too much money on it but only the necessary. Would anyone
know whats the cause of that shifting problem?

Thanks to all.

Old February 15th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Gyuri" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Hi. I recently bought a 1991 Honda Accord (Manual) that is in a pretty
> good shape if it's not of the little rust at the wings and the fuel
> leak when the tank is full. All that is not a problem it will be fixed
> but there's a really annoying problem I'm experiencing and I'm not
> quite sure what causes it. The car almost never takes first gear
> unless I first put the car in second gear and then back in first gear.
> Sometimes it doesn't even take the second gear unless I put pressure
> on the shifter in order to make it go in which is not very good. Once
> the car is moving though it takes in any gear easily just as it
> should. What could be the problem? I just hope it's not the
> transmission because I bought this car for very cheap and I don't want
> to spend too much money on it but only the necessary. Would anyone
> know whats the cause of that shifting problem?
>
> Thanks to all.

Can you get into those gears easily with the engine OFF? Is Reverse also
hard to get into with the engine running?

If so, the clutch is not fully releasing. Possibilities: Fluid level is
low; air in the lines; leaking master/slave cylinders.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

1991 honda accord biggt Honda 6 August 4th 06 08:18 PM
1991 Honda Accord LX [email protected] Honda 0 April 22nd 06 04:24 AM
HELP needed with problem on 1991 Mazda MX-6 NicholasTimple Mazda 3 May 31st 05 03:52 PM
1991 Honda Accord EX wordup Honda 2 April 3rd 05 01:00 AM
1991 Honda Accord Startup Problem Frank starr General 6 March 21st 04 11:31 PM