tire pressure monitoring system on Impala

Old January 22nd 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
38racing

Default tire pressure monitoring system on Impala

Ihave an 07 impala with the tpms. Dealer service advisor could not be
definitive on the following question. Can anyone here help?
If I put on wheels with a different set of sensors (still OEM part)
will the relearn function (which would be used for tire rotation with
the old sensors) in the system be enough or does something more need
to be done in the system to identify the new sensors.
Old January 22nd 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

38racing wrote:
> Ihave an 07 impala with the tpms. Dealer service advisor could not be
> definitive on the following question. Can anyone here help?
> If I put on wheels with a different set of sensors (still OEM part)
> will the relearn function (which would be used for tire rotation with
> the old sensors) in the system be enough or does something more need
> to be done in the system to identify the new sensors.

Does an '07 even use sensors? My '05 does low pressure warning by
comparing wheel speeds through the ABS.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old January 22nd 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Certainly

On Jan 21, 5:48*pm, 38racing > wrote:
> Ihave an 07 impala with the tpms. Dealer service advisor could not be
> definitive on the following question. Can anyone here help?
> If I put on wheels with a different set of sensors (still OEM part)
> will the relearn function (which would be used for tire rotation with
> the old sensors) in the system be enough or does something more need
> to be done in the system to identify the new sensors.

If it has a tire pressure warning lamp, the tire position is not
respective. The light comes on to warn you of a general malfunction,
usually a low tire. If you can read each tires pressure, like through
an information center, then the positions need to be relearned. There
should not be an issue with another set of sensors, assuming they are
going to be the same part number. The only hitch is, if they are
respective to position, they will need to be relearned each time they
are switched around.