'Click' sound under XJ

Old May 31st 05, 08:29 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Default 'Click' sound under XJ

Your front driveshaft slip joint is screaming to for a lube job.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 31st 05, 11:34 PM
Steve

I just did an oil and lube two weeks ago, but I try again to see if it
helps. Thanks. Any other ideas?

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old June 1st 05, 12:38 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The only one I use is to look for rust stains, usually means dry,
metal to metal, or cracks.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 1st 05, 01:03 AM
DougW

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:
> The only one I use is to look for rust stains, usually means dry,
> metal to metal, or cracks.

And remember when your putting in grease into that shaft and a big
ass glob falls on your forhead.. it means you put too much in.

Old June 1st 05, 01:20 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Remember, it could have been worst, like your first experience was
using a two thousand pound grease gun and watched the little freeze plug
looking dust cover thingie pop out of there.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/