Nissan Nx

Old September 12th 05, 08:12 PM
mike

Default Nissan Nx

My '91 nissan nx has a/c when I start it and while I am driving around
it shuts off. The next time I am in there driving around again it is
cool, but then again shuts off. The fan continues to blow, but the air
is warm.

What is up with that? Baffling.

Mike

Old September 12th 05, 08:24 PM

are you fully charged?

Old September 12th 05, 11:25 PM
Ryan Underwood

"mike" > writes:

>My '91 nissan nx has a/c when I start it and while I am driving around
>it shuts off. The next time I am in there driving around again it is
>cool, but then again shuts off. The fan continues to blow, but the air
>is warm.

Compressor is cycling. First check the wire to the clutch. If that is okay,
check the charge. If the charge is okay, there may be a restriction (clogged
orifice tube, clogged condenser, etc) sending the high side pressure through
the roof and/or pulling air into the low side. Go to forums at
www.aircondition.com for better help

Old September 13th 05, 04:31 PM
mike

It ran out last year, and early this summer I had some more freon put
in. I'd say it was charged about 2 1/2 months ago.

Old September 13th 05, 04:52 PM
mike

>Compressor is cycling. First check the wire to the clutch.

Check to make sure the wire is not shoritng out and has a good
connection?

>If that is okay,
>check the charge. If the charge is okay,

I need a a/c meter to do this don't I?

>there may be a restriction (clogged
>orifice tube,

Where is the orifice tub located?

>clogged condenser, etc) sending the high side pressure through
>the roof and/or pulling air into the low side. Go to forums at
>www.aircondition.com for better help

Yeppers, I registered and posted there as well.