bicyclists armed with knives, keying cars, spitting into them

Old February 8th 05, 04:39 PM
Jim Yanik

Default bicyclists armed with knives, keying cars, spitting into them

RonSonic > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:16:41 -0500, "David L. Johnson"
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:57:53 -0600, Tony wrote:
>>
>>> That is a "story" intended to inflame bicycle riders to hate, kill
>>> all cars. It is full of lies and deception, by Critical Mass idiots.
>>> It was the last Critical Mass event in Austin, they lost support
>>> from everybody when they purposely caused this accident.

>>Purposely caused? Hardly. Annoyed the guy, and he responded with
>>road rage. Geez, I hope I don't annoy anyone so much that they run me
>>down.
>>
>>Blocking traffic at a red light is called gridlock, and it is just not
>>that big a deal.

> I've lived in some **** neighborhoods. Enough to know that car
> jackings generally begin by blocking the target car at a stop with
> bikes or pedestrians. Instigating a bike/car accident is a favorite
> form of this.
>
> It is a big deal. Block me in a threatening manner and I will clear a
> path without regard for your physical safety whether I'm driving or
> riding.
>
> Ron

There was also threatening use of lethal weapons;knives.
Plenty of justification for fleeing.(even if they are in the way)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old February 8th 05, 04:46 PM
Jim Yanik

"Mike Kruger" > wrote in
news:1107837114.b0511ab352dfe704377037e1ce071843@t eranews:

> "Usual Suspect" > wrote in message
>>
>> """
>> When the light turned green, Henderson asked the cyclists to

> please leave
>> him alone because he was going forward. He then inched

> forward cautiously.
>> When the cyclists still did not heed his warning, he

> proceeded. Contrary to
>> the Chronicle's report, there were at most two cyclists

> still in
>> Henderson's path when he went forward. After Henderson

> landed, the cyclists
>> proceeded to slash his tires (note, this means they were

> armed with knives)
>> because they decided he was a flight risk and then they

> keyed his car and
>> spit into it (because as well all know, keying a car and

> spitting into it
>> greatly increases the chances that it won't move).
>> """
>>
>> http://bicycleaustin.info/cm/media.html
>>

> Wow. Armed with knives.

Once they brought out the knives,that was a threat to use them.
And using them on his car also was a threat.It could have easily escalated
to using them on him. Knives are considered lethal weapons.

>I guess I am, too, since there's a
> decent sized knife on my multi-tool.

Try waving it (blade-out) in a threatening manner around a police officer.
You will probably get shot if you do not comply with the officer's
instruction to drop it and back away from it.

> At least nobody died in the Critical Mass incident, so the
> rage didn't get completely out of control. There was a bit of
> property damage. That's not a bad toll for so much stupidity
> caught on film.

Surrounded by an angry mob,some displaying and USING knives,that IS a
lethal threat,and the person was justified in fleeing,even if some cyclists
were in the way.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old February 13th 05, 03:40 AM
Jim Yanik

"Mike Kruger" > wrote in
news:1108179288.b84ecdf8d589660888e5aaaf84e258de@t eranews:

> I realize this might not be a popular thing to say, but I
> support red light cameras.
> 1. A traffic fine is like a tax. Like all taxes, I want
> somebody else to pay them.

Except that they usually do not assign points to the driver's
license,allowing for revocation of license if they run too many RLs.
I consider running red lights the most hazardous of all driving
violations,and thus the most deserving of points on one's license,not
merely some fine the car owner must pay.

Also,other drivers do not see the violator being pulled over,thus not
getting reinforcement of proper driving,and the benefits seeing traffic
laws actually enforced.

There is much good in seeing traffic violators pulled over and cited.
Others SEE it and (smart ones)adjust their behavior,learn from the example.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik