Ya ready for diesel yet?

Old September 11th 05, 10:47 AM
Dave Milne

Brett has it spot on, Bill. If the vapourizer freezes, the engine stops
dead. However, this doesn't happen because you always start on petrol and
switch over once the radiator valve has opened.

That said, I did once start it on propane when it was below freezing outside
and it did freeze even with a 50/50 mix ( in a new radiator filled by my
good self only a week before).

I don't quite understand the fears over propane, given that we have got used
to carrying around 20 gallons of far more volatile petrol, which can ignite
from vapour a good 20' away from the source and explodes rather than burns.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

"Bret Ludwig" > wrote in message
oups.com...

L.W. Hughes III (ßill) wrote:
<<snip>>

By The Way you
> may see the hot water lines trying to keep it from freezing and killing
> yet another. Imagine if you took off with pre-heating it?

This is just something that does not happen. No one in the propane
industry has ever heard of it. Ask Dave, has it happened in the humid
always raining UK yet even once? The Queen of England rides in a
propane burning Rolls Royce all the time. You think it would be allowed
if it was too dangerous?

If the vaporizer freezes up on the fuel side, due to a slug of water,
what happens is-the engine quits.

If you use 50/50 antifreeze like everyone does since WWII the propane
cannot freeze the coolant. The boiling point of propane is never below
the freeze point of 50/50 glycol water.

There are safety issues with propane. This is not one.

Old September 11th 05, 07:41 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Not if it freezes at full throttle like if you were trying to climb
a hill. Why do you think your carburetor is heated??????
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 05, 07:43 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

YOU ARE GOING TO KILL SOMEONE WITH YOUR LIES!!!!!!!!!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 05, 07:44 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Find a link, then. I want to see what it costs to kill someone.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 05, 11:09 PM
Bret Ludwig

Bill O|||||||O >" Find a link, then. I want to see what it costs to
kill someone."

(A retarded statement from a Retarded-American...)

He already has his propane setup. If you are too lazy to use Google
which will easily yield a hundred "Autogas" sites in any English
speaking country but the US there isn't much hope for you.

Propane has been used safely in vehicles for 60+ years. If you say
otherwise you are a bald faced idiot or liar. Propane race cars have
won Pikes' Peak hillclimb and off-road racing trucks on propane have
won a lot of races.

Old September 11th 05, 11:11 PM
Bret Ludwig

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:
> YOU ARE GOING TO KILL SOMEONE WITH YOUR LIES!!!!!!!!!

Whose lies killed your brain? Something, very surely, did. You are
insane.
Mentally ill.

Old September 12th 05, 12:05 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It is my fondest wish you drive a propane car. Of course you know
they will always be too dangerous to be illegally converted here in the
U.S. of A.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 12th 05, 12:53 AM
Robert Francis

You, sir are respectfully on crack in regards to propane powered vehicles.
They are as common as dirt up here in the Great White North. Dodge even
offered it from the factory on their pickups for a while. They used to run
alot of the school buses on them (but use NGV on them now as its cheaper) My
brother-in-law has been running propane powered vehicles for himself and his
company for 15-20 years and hasn't blown up yet. Cold weather starting is a
non-issue as most conversions are dual-fuel i.e. start on gas switch to
propane IF you have troubles. We had a Crown Vic on propane only in the
family for 8 yrs. never had a problem with it icing up even in -40 weather.
Up here there is a huge cost saving $1.14/litre for gas vs.$0.58/litre
propane.
Bob

Old September 12th 05, 01:18 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That was seventies technology, and failure at that. Was anyone
smart enough in your brother's yard to figure the costs per mile????????
And It is my fondest wish that you, too drive a propane car.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 12th 05, 02:56 AM
Tom Greening

Better get used to it if you intend to communicate with Mr. Bill (what a
ridiculous concept). Actually, he would have made an excellent Muslim
radical. He is fond of posturing and making dramatic statements (we are
slaughtering the infidels as we speak! By the millions they are meeting
their doom in the jaws of our Lions of Islam martyrs, and millions more are
being roasted in the fires of their own hell they have created with their
PROPANE POWERED ENGINES OF THE DEVIL!!!)

I've come to a personal conclusion. Either Mr. Bill is the most effective
troll I have ever seen, or he is the worst kind of close minded ignorant
knot-head in the world. Just about 1 step above your stereotypical
ill-educated, beer swillin, NASCAR lovin, one tooth havin, racist Redneck.
Maybe a half step.

Best thing I did was put him on ignore. Worst thing I've done is to not
figure out how to filter him out of posts that have replied to his inane
babblings.

The one thing he has going for him is his almost Idiot Savant like ability
to find a link and/or picture to just about any question or subject being
discussed. Unfortunately for him this is not a substitute for intelligence,
which quickly becomes apparent once his link has been posted and he starts
trying to debate whatever subject is at hand.

Of course I'm sure he will respond with some sort of weak minded attempt at
a rebuttal, to which I will be blissfully unaware unless I come across it's
quote in someone else's post. One can only hope.