Ya ready for diesel yet?

Old September 19th 05, 03:58 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

This time really look in a junk yard. Please!!!!!!!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 19th 05, 09:40 PM
Bret Ludwig

=DFill L. W. Hughes III wrote:
> I wasn't lying when I said their are thousands in the junk yards.

What caused this sudden, uncharacteristic truthfulness???

I'm sure you could blow yourself up within a week.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

I know a lot of people in the propane industry that have been doing it
for decades and never as much as singed their eyebrows. Why are you
allowed to defame an entire industry?

Old September 25th 05, 06:07 PM
Peter Parker

In article .com>,
Bret Ludwig > wrote:

>=DFill L. W. Hughes III wrote:
>> I wasn't lying when I said their are thousands in the junk yards.

> What caused this sudden, uncharacteristic truthfulness???
>

>I'm sure you could blow yourself up within a week.
>> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

> I know a lot of people in the propane industry that have been doing it
>for decades and never as much as singed their eyebrows. Why are you
>allowed to defame an entire industry?

I was watching a German sat TV channel called prosiebensat1welt.com or
something like that. There is this german engineer who is taking trash
and converting it into fuel. He has this machine process set up that
takes the trash and grinds it into little bits which then are chemically
be changed into fuel. It reminded me of that back to the future where
the delorian uses junk for fuel. :-)

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old September 25th 05, 10:26 PM
Brandonb

Peter Parker wrote:
> I was watching a German sat TV channel called prosiebensat1welt.com or
> something like that. There is this german engineer who is taking trash
> and converting it into fuel. He has this machine process set up that
> takes the trash and grinds it into little bits which then are chemically
> be changed into fuel. It reminded me of that back to the future where
> the delorian uses junk for fuel. :-)

Gotta love Mr. Fusion (after the 2015 conversion of course).

Brandonb
Old September 28th 05, 07:27 AM
Jason Halsey

Whats the difference between injecting gasoline versus lpg? they are both
liquids.

Old September 28th 05, 09:13 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Liquid Propane Gas is only liquid under pressure, I guess if you
would inject it than it would remain liquid until it would explode
anyway. Why don't you convert and tell us how you did it:
http://lsa.colorado.edu/essence/texts/propane.htm LOL
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 28th 05, 11:59 AM
Earle Horton

Bill,

I did a quick check, and the propane in my outdoor storage tank is at 100
psi. If you have injectors capable of handling 100 psi liquid, then I
suppose you could dispense with the fuel pump, and just let the liquid
squirt into the intake ports under pressure. You would have to use larger
ported injectors, because liquid propane has less energy per unit volume
than liquid gasoline. Theoretically, it would work. It is not used, for
practical reasons.

The reasons for using fuel injection with gasoline do not apply as much to
propane. The first consideration is mixing. Gasoline doesn't mix as well
with intake air, because it is a liquid. It has to be coaxed to mix with
air and become a gas, suitable for combusion. You may have heard this
process referred to as "atomization". With propane, you just release the
pressure on it, and it becomes a gas on its own. Another reason for fuel
injection is more precise metering. With propane, you allow the fuel to
become a gas before injection into the intake, you control the pressure and
the mixing ratio, and metering is a snap. A third reason may make propane
injection useful. This is the ability to deliver larger quantities of fuel,
using smaller plumbing and metering apparatus. Anyone who has looked at
propane regulators and plumbing, versus gasoline or diesel fuel injection
systems, can verify that liquid fuel injection simply takes up less space.

Your link says that "Propane-fueled engines produce less air pollution than
gasoline engines." I would think, for this reason, that you would be in
favor of propane use, not against it. Although not as bad as diesel,
gasoline does smell bad. Propane doesn't smell, unless you count the
aromatic compounds added to it, to facilitate leak detection.

Earle

Old September 28th 05, 06:14 PM
Will Honea

Dad used propane on a tractor for a while but at even moderately
chilly weather (say 20 F or so) starting was a bear. He finally used
the pressure as a pump to start with gasoline then switched to propane
after he got the pre-heater going. His problem was getting it to
vaporize - it wanted to condense on the metal parts rather than burn
clean until things warmed up.

--
Will Honea
Old September 28th 05, 07:02 PM
Earle Horton

Interesting. Remember farm equipment that would start on gasoline, and then
you had to manually switch to diesel, once the engine warmed up? I worked
in an apple orchard where they used propane for the fork trucks in the
packing house. They always started up, even when it was real cold. Of
course, "real cold" in Virginia is not the same as "real cold" in other
locales.

Earle

Old September 28th 05, 08:53 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

So basically it boils down to whether you want to carry around a
bomb. You know you may extinguish a match in gasoline and that it will
only explode if is atomized in a fifteen to one mixture.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/