new JEEP owner

Old September 6th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate

Default new JEEP owner

"Zelix" <nacchisrevenge@[remove this:nospam]yahoo.com> wrote in message
. ..
I just got a 97 Jeep Wrangler. just saying Hi to the group.

o||||||o

Welcome, and Congrats!
Hope you get to have lots of fun in your new toy

--
Kate
______

The shortest distance between two points,
can be a lot more fun in a Jeep!

Old September 6th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
twaldron[_5_]

Jon wrote:
> Regarding the fender flares: If you really want the flares to match,
> you need to track down the flares from a later model TJ. I don't know
> the year or option package breakdown, but Jeep fitted later TJs with
> painted flares -- made of more rigid material and without the
> texture. People remove them all the time for wider aftermarket flares
> -- so you can dig up a full set for cheap money.
>
> For what it's worth -- I've had great results with small painted areas
> using a PreVal spray unit with automotive-quality paint & thinners.
> Quick, easy, minimal clean-up (or none if you choose), and those spray
> units are dirt cheap -- Home Depot even stocks them now.
>
> Jon

The Sahara models had the color matched, painted flares.

tw
Old September 6th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_3120_]

Welcome.
Because of the abuse most Wranglers see, you may have questions from
time to time. Many will be answered with a Google search, and zeroed in at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...s/topics?hl=en
Some links I find helpful: http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 6th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Zelix wrote:
> I just got a 97 Jeep Wrangler. just saying Hi to the group.

Welcome to the addiction.

Nothing like a jeep to remove that extra weight from your wallet.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://revbeergoggles.com
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old September 7th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbastehd[_2_]

On Sep 6, 10:24 am, "Zelix" <nacchisrevenge@[remove
this:nospam]yahoo.com> wrote:
> "twaldron" > wrote in message

> > Zelix wrote:

> >> "twaldron" > wrote in message

> >> It's automatic with 6-cylinder & hardtop with a 2 inch lift. I'm curious
> >> as to what the minor bugs are. I've just got it so I'd like to make sure
> >> I catch them and fix them.

> >> o||||||o

> > 2" spacer or spring lift? As far as bugs, it's been 10 years so I'm a
> > little fuzzy. I went from a '90 to a '99 so I didn't keep up with the 97
> > issues, but as I recall they were minor things. Fitment, cracking headers
> > (which carried on for a few years), exhaust manifold heat shield was
> > missing....I'm sure more 97'ers can chime in.

> > tw

> It's not a body lift from what my cousin said. The plastic fender thingys
> have chalked a bit. I repainted them with a dark green plastic for now. they
> look really cheesy. I want to get some touch up paint to paint them to match
> the rest of the JEEP.
> Here's a picture of it.http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1...ewjeep1co9.jpg

Welcome you will soon be addicted.
Nice clean looking rig, change all you fluids engine oil, tranny,
tcase front and rear diffs.
Not sure if you know the motto
JEEP-Just Empty Every Pocket

Enjoy!

Old September 7th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbastehd[_2_]

On Sep 6, 8:58 am, "Zelix" <nacchisrevenge@[remove
this:nospam]yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just got a 97 Jeep Wrangler. just saying Hi to the group.
>
> o||||||o

Here is a great website for you

http://www.stu-offroad.com

Old September 7th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
griffin

"DougW" > wrote in message
> Nothing like a jeep to remove that extra weight from your wallet.

Hahaha!

Old September 7th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Tracie

On Sep 6, 8:28 pm, "griffin" > wrote:
> "DougW" > wrote in message

> > Nothing like a jeep to remove that extra weight from your wallet.

> Hahaha!

Welcome to the madhouse! (just kidding fellas) You will LOVE your
jeep once you get going with it. Everyone here is very nice and
extremely helpful. I have learned ALOT here in the past 6-8 months
that I have been writing in with my own questions. You will come
across the occasional idiot, but just try to ignore him (her/it?).
For the most part, everyone here is great.

Your rig looks really nice. As for the fender flares....I didn't
catch whether or not you wanted to paint to match or go back to black,
but try E-Bay. There is a TON of great used/new stuff on there to
outfit your ride with. Prices are usually reasonable too if you can
get it. Just type in 'jeep wrangler' followed by whatever it is
you're looking for.

Just a suggestion (if I may)......it appears that your tires are stock
tires. If they are, a set of All-Terrains or Mud-Terrains would look
AWESOME on it! I personally prefer BFG Mud-Terrains, but there are a
lot of other great tires out there. Here are some pics of my rig....

www.flickr.com/firebutie/photos/

Old September 7th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Tracie

On Sep 6, 8:55 pm, Tracie > wrote:
> On Sep 6, 8:28 pm, "griffin" > wrote:
>
> > "DougW" > wrote in message

> > > Nothing like a jeep to remove that extra weight from your wallet.

> > Hahaha!

> Welcome to the madhouse! (just kidding fellas) You will LOVE your
> jeep once you get going with it. Everyone here is very nice and
> extremely helpful. I have learned ALOT here in the past 6-8 months
> that I have been writing in with my own questions. You will come
> across the occasional idiot, but just try to ignore him (her/it?).
> For the most part, everyone here is great.
>
> Your rig looks really nice. As for the fender flares....I didn't
> catch whether or not you wanted to paint to match or go back to black,
> but try E-Bay. There is a TON of great used/new stuff on there to
> outfit your ride with. Prices are usually reasonable too if you can
> get it. Just type in 'jeep wrangler' followed by whatever it is
> you're looking for.
>
> Just a suggestion (if I may)......it appears that your tires are stock
> tires. If they are, a set of All-Terrains or Mud-Terrains would look
> AWESOME on it! I personally prefer BFG Mud-Terrains, but there are a
> lot of other great tires out there. Here are some pics of my rig....
>
> www.flickr.com/firebutie/photos/

Forgot to tell you....

My tires are 31/10.5/15 BFG Mud-Terrains. I do not have a lift on my
rig yet, but a 2" coil spacer lift is in the near future. With your
existing 2" lift, I think 31/10.5/15 would look nice on your jeep.
Plus that size will also fit on the stock rims. Mine did.

Old September 7th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
griffin

Ya, i just upgraded my flares and have a stock set from a 99 Sport for sale.
If interested, contact me.

ps.com...

New Jeep Owner [email protected] Jeep 6 August 8th 07 07:37 PM
New Jeep Cherokee Owner, Advice Please. Jay Jeep 10 August 25th 06 04:36 AM
new Jeep owner with questions [email protected] Jeep 5 February 10th 06 05:35 PM
New Jeep Owner Lovs2fly Jeep 4 November 30th 05 12:17 AM
New Jeep owner Firebird Jeep 10 February 9th 05 03:17 PM