wrangler fuel pump

Old September 10th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
88yj

Default wrangler fuel pump

why does my car have an inlet that points to the front? and why is it
$33 as opposed to $18 like the ones that point back? can i just run a
hose to the other side of it and save 15 bucks?

Old September 10th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_3389_]

Jeeps use a different type of fuel pump, a carry over from the
Kaiser/Buick days, where the fuel pressure is regulated by the fuel filter
that must have a bypass return to the tank, rather than just the diaphragm
spring pressu http://www.billhughes.com/temp/88yjFuelPump.pdf
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

oups.com...

Old September 10th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
88yj

On Sep 10, 4:35 pm, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> wrote:
> Jeeps use a different type of fuel pump, a carry over from the
> Kaiser/Buick days, where the fuel pressure is regulated by the fuel filter
> that must have a bypass return to the tank, rather than just the diaphragm
> spring pressuhttp://www.billhughes.com/temp/88yjFuelPump.pdf
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
>

> "88yj" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > why does my car have an inlet that points to the front? and why is it
> > $33 as opposed to $18 like the ones that point back? can i just run a
> > hose to the other side of it and save 15 bucks?

im confused. there are fuel pumps for my car that point forward and
some that point backward. what is the difference and why is one more
expensive

Old September 10th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

88yj wrote:
> why does my car have an inlet that points to the front? and why is it
> $33 as opposed to $18 like the ones that point back? can i just run a
> hose to the other side of it and save 15 bucks?

You would need to carefully compare the foot of the pump that contacts
the cam to make sure the two types are exact or the pump won't work.

Other than that, the loop might cause an air lock.

Why do you think you need one?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
Old September 11th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
88yj

On Sep 10, 6:33 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
> 88yj wrote:
> > why does my car have an inlet that points to the front? and why is it
> > $33 as opposed to $18 like the ones that point back? can i just run a
> > hose to the other side of it and save 15 bucks?

> You would need to carefully compare the foot of the pump that contacts
> the cam to make sure the two types are exact or the pump won't work.
>
> Other than that, the loop might cause an air lock.
>
> Why do you think you need one?
>
> Mike
> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
> Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

carb aint getting gas. the fuel filter is new, and i cheack all the
lines from the carb to the pump. figured itd most likely be the pump?
any other ideas?