Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Old December 19th 05, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Anybody ever notice that there are "three" hosts on "Two Guys Garage" on
Speed Channel????

--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old December 19th 05, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

66 6F HCS wrote:
> Anybody ever notice that there are "three" hosts on "Two Guys Garage" on
> Speed Channel????

They have been working the bald guy into the show for the last couple of
seasons. I wonder if the tall guy has had some medical problems. He
started to look a little tired to me a couple of seasons ago at about
the time the bald guy started showing up.
Old December 19th 05, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

66 6F HCS wrote:
> Anybody ever notice that there are "three" hosts on "Two Guys Garage" on
> Speed Channel????

LOL no! Too funny.

--
Obie f.k.a. Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM posting rules: http://tinyurl.com/ak694
AHPBBFM links page: http://tinyurl.com/a9qsx

Old December 20th 05, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:33:50 -0700, "66 6F HCS"
> wrote:

>Anybody ever notice that there are "three" hosts on "Two Guys Garage" on
>Speed Channel????

Two of the guys own it, the other is just a bum who hangs around
asking stupid questions.
--
Zombywoof

Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
Old December 20th 05, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Yes. But worse than haveing 3 guys on a show called Two Guys, have you
noticed they NEVER have an "oh ****!" moment or a bold that won't
loosen, and the car starts on the first crank after installing the
nitrous wet system with a 24lb blower/turbo combo with optional
superduper jet pack. Of course no dyno tuning needed as well!

Great show, but certainly entertainment; with the operating room
cleanliness and ease of installations it makes it super obvious they
have normal car guys set up the whole thing and have the hosts come in
for the last 1 and 3/4 turn of the rachets and torque wrenches.

I got REALLY upset when I saw Sam Memolo pushing "The Tornado". I though
with so many good products for I just CAN'T believe this guy is pushing
*this* POS.

Old December 20th 05, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I like the way they never have a job take that ever possible giant leap
sideways.... you can eat off the shop floor, none of these "broken" cars
ever leak, none ever have a frozen bolt and none have intermittent problems.

I never watch the show but I would think that, if they want a third body in
the shop, it should at least be some "eye candy".

Old December 20th 05, 10:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 05:04:59 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> wrote:

>I like the way they never have a job take that ever possible giant leap
>sideways.... you can eat off the shop floor, none of these "broken" cars
>ever leak, none ever have a frozen bolt and none have intermittent problems.

I do indeed have a friend who's shop you could conduct surgery in. He
is way anal about a place for everything and everything in its place
and has got mops & buckets along with plenty of Quick-Dri. More then
one Muscle Car has puked its precious bodily fluids all over the
floor, but they do not stay there for long.

From the interior shots I've seen of Jay Leno's working garage it is
also a rather clean & tidy place.

>I never watch the show but I would think that, if they want a third body in
>the shop, it should at least be some "eye candy".

Ah the infamous Tool Girl.

--
Zombywoof

Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
Old December 20th 05, 10:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Zombywoof" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 05:04:59 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> > wrote:
>
>>I like the way they never have a job take that ever possible giant leap
>>sideways.... you can eat off the shop floor, none of these "broken" cars
>>ever leak, none ever have a frozen bolt and none have intermittent
>>problems.
>>

> I do indeed have a friend who's shop you could conduct surgery in. He
> is way anal about a place for everything and everything in its place
> and has got mops & buckets along with plenty of Quick-Dri. More then
> one Muscle Car has puked its precious bodily fluids all over the
> floor, but they do not stay there for long.
>
> From the interior shots I've seen of Jay Leno's working garage it is
> also a rather clean & tidy place.
>>
>>I never watch the show but I would think that, if they want a third body
>>in
>>the shop, it should at least be some "eye candy".
>>

> Ah the infamous Tool Girl.

Wasn't her name Mimi?

--
John - ThunderSnake #59
'69 Mach 1 w/ 390 4V

Old December 20th 05, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Jim Warman" > wrote:

> I like the way they never have a job take that ever possible giant
> leap sideways.... you can eat off the shop floor, none of these
> "broken" cars ever leak, none ever have a frozen bolt and none have
> intermittent problems.

The best episode I ever watched was them installing a Holley CFI.. for
some reason, I, then, got the impression they werent gonna show me
anything I wouldnt learn sooner and better on the 'net.

But they certainly werent as bad as "This Old House" in never getting
crossed up.

On the other side of the coin.. the show on "Flipping houses",,, these
people are supposed to be Pro's, yet they seem surprised to find -
inevitably - that they have to replace all the floor joists and
foundation because of rot.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old December 20th 05, 03:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

AND... always run over budget AND get shut down by inspectors pretty
regularly...

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
: "Jim Warman" > wrote:
:
[...]
: --
: Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
: you pay..DEAL with it!