Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Old December 21st 05, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

"Wound Up" > wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: KJ.Kate wrote:
: > "Obie a.k.a. Wound Up" > wrote
: > : > You will always be "That Punk Kid" to me
: > : >
: > : > J/K
: > : >
: > : > ok, damnit?
: > : >
: > :
: > : ALRIGHT THEN damnit
: > :
: > : Now DON'T GET ME GOING, or I'll slam another Tuesday brew, and take
aim
: > : at some poor sap. It's been a while, and the bloodstains on my rusty
: > : cam are flaking off. Maybe what this place NEEDS is a good slap in
the
: > : face, a good kick in the chomskies. HUH? WHAT?
: > :
: >
: >
: > Yea yea yeaaaa.....
: > sheesh... you aren't so tough.
: >
:
: Don't think so? Thankfully, many people underestimate me. It gives
: you an advantage. I was slamming 40s, getting chased by cops and
: fighting skinheads in NYC with my friends when I was 15 years old.
: Believe me, I learned a thing or two. Some cokehead once had to make
: his point clear to me with a snub .38 inches from my chest. I
: technically stole a car when I was 14. I brought it back; my friends
: and I just used it to learn to drive a stick. I think we roasted the
: clutch a bit. I've been to jail. I've had to stand toe-to-toe with
: BIG guys who could kill me, and not blink. I told a whole room of guys
: they could bring it if they wanted, and laughed because I couldn't
: believe I actually just said "bring it".
:
: I'm not totally proud of all that stuff, but I also never get messed
: with by people who aren't complete idiots. I know some sit around, all
: day, looking for victims. I never look like a victim, and hopefully I
: never will be. The occassional bar idiot, I let be; I don't want to
: spend the night with this jerk in the county tank. I could break his
: freaking jaw, but why get an assault charge? I've found that your
: eyes, your posture and your walk do more for you than anything ever
: could.
:
: Tough is a state of mind.

.... actually....
I meant that *I* was not intimidated by your tongue in cheek humor about
going off and riling things up.
here, have a cuppa cocoa and relax a while.

How the hell old ARE you anyway? I htink you told me once, but I don't keep
that stuff stored, not memory.

KJK

Old December 22nd 05, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

> :
> : Tough is a state of mind.
>

> ... actually....
> I meant that *I* was not intimidated by your tongue in cheek humor about
> going off and riling things up.

I know you weren't. I just went off on a rant.

You see, there are these twerps at work, with whom I've repeatedly tried
to make nice. They are narrow-minded little boys and girls who don't
seem to have an original thought among them; they see that I am carrying
a little weight, and ride a moped to work most of the time, and since I
don't know their pseudo-street slang BS or their inside jokes, I end up
the object of ridicule, like others. Oh, and I have a receeding
hairline. Always good for cheap shots.

This sometimes gets me quite ****ed, because I don't do a thing but be
polite to them. I know they're just insecure brats, but it still grates
my nerves, especially when I'm wound up more than usual and am in no
damned mood for it, and just want to work then go home.

The simple fact is I outmatch them in many ways, like many other
simpleton ****heads who talk trash about people. They know I'm educated
and well-spoken. All they see outwardly is soft-spoken me at work,
acting as if I didn't notice their little slams because I don't want to
get into it with them, on any level, and just want to do my job. If I
were my old self, a few of them would have had their cars trashed by
now. But I'm not that angry now. I've actually mellowed with a little age.

> here, have a cuppa cocoa and relax a while.

Yeah. Or another beer. This time of year is always emotionally
challenging. Sorry, I ranted again... I'll cut it out

> How the hell old ARE you anyway? I htink you told me once, but I don't keep
> that stuff stored, not memory.

I'll be 33 on Dec. 30. I was basically left to my own devices in large
part from 14 on, long story short. Things weren't terrible at home, but
they sure weren't that great. It was lonely there, so I found older
friends, grew up fast, and lived a fairly dangerous lifestyle for
several years from which three of my friends didn't survive, others
ended up in rehab after rehab, and still others ended up hooked on crack
and ****. I thankfully snapped out of it and went to college and grad
school etc.

--
Obie a.k.a. Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM posting rules: http://tinyurl.com/ak694
AHPBBFM links page: http://tinyurl.com/a9qsx

Old December 22nd 05, 12:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Obie a.k.a. Wound Up" > wrote
: > I meant that *I* was not intimidated by your tongue in cheek humor about
: > going off and riling things up.
:
: I know you weren't. I just went off on a rant.

Really? I didn't notice ;¬)

:
: You see, there are these twerps at work, with whom I've repeatedly tried
: to make nice.

Why do you have to make nice with them?

They are narrow-minded little boys and girls who don't
: seem to have an original thought among them; they see that I am carrying
: a little weight, and ride a moped to work most of the time, and since I
: don't know their pseudo-street slang BS or their inside jokes, I end up
: the object of ridicule, like others. Oh, and I have a receeding
: hairline. Always good for cheap shots.

Sounds to me like they are stupid people. Riding a moped to work is FUN and
hella cheap. If you can do it, then more power to you
Karma will eventually bite them on the ass.
It makes me think of high school. I Fking HATED high school.

:
: This sometimes gets me quite ****ed, because I don't do a thing but be
: polite to them.

It might be time to speak softly but firmly, on an individual level, where
there are no witnesses. Just enough to make each of them think twice before
acting out again.

:
: Yeah. Or another beer. This time of year is always emotionally
: challenging. Sorry, I ranted again... I'll cut it out

Nope, you don't have to.
It's good to get it off your chest BUT maybe email me here
svtkate AT excite DOT com
a little less public for things so personal

:
: > How the hell old ARE you anyway? I htink you told me once, but I don't
keep
: > that stuff stored, not memory.
: >
: