H pipe or X pipe?

Old April 16th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default H pipe or X pipe?

i have a 90 mustang with flowmasters on it and its very loud but i want
that really deep and throaty mustang sound. i have the factory pipes
on, im not sure what to go with either an H pipe or X pipe for that
really deep sound, suggestions please

Old April 16th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On 15 Apr 2006 20:55:39 -0700, "5.0 MUSCLE"
> wrote:

>i have a 90 mustang with flowmasters on it and its very loud but i want
>that really deep and throaty mustang sound. i have the factory pipes
>on, im not sure what to go with either an H pipe or X pipe for that
>really deep sound, suggestions please

I was told that the X gives you more of a ricer sound. You might check
the Flowmaster web site and see if they have any recordings which
indicate an X in use. I have not been there in a while so not sure
what they have listed to listen too.
--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Old April 16th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

There's a site called mustangexhaust.com. I think you have to become a
member, but it's free. It's full of sound clips of Mustangs with different
exhaust mods. I haven't looked at the site for awhile, but it used to be
really easy to pick what you wanted because it would have good descriptions
like "1992 5.0, Bassani H pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder mufflers". You
might check that out.
Ken

Old April 16th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I prefer this one....
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=2

oups.com...

Old April 16th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

5.0 MUSCLE wrote:
> i have a 90 mustang with flowmasters on it and its very loud but i want
> that really deep and throaty mustang sound. i have the factory pipes
> on, im not sure what to go with either an H pipe or X pipe for that
> really deep sound, suggestions please

IMHO you are doing exhaust work for the wrong reason, you may as
well own a Cvic. Taking your description literally, you need a big block
engine for that requirement.

--
PMPO is a complete fantasy "spec" that has absolutely
NO physically justifiable meaning. The claim is just

Old April 16th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Jim Warman wrote:
> I prefer this one....
> http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=2
>

> "5.0 MUSCLE" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> i have a 90 mustang with flowmasters on it and its very loud but i want
>> that really deep and throaty mustang sound. i have the factory pipes
>> on, im not sure what to go with either an H pipe or X pipe for that
>> really deep sound, suggestions please

Now that is DEEP!!

Old April 16th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

thanks, ill check out the website

Old April 17th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> I prefer this one....
> http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=2

Oh, you do....

Al

Old April 17th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

When I am safely esconced in my bed at 2 AM, that is about as deep and
throaty as I want the neighbour kids car to be.... 8^)

Old April 18th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Spike" > wrote
> I was told that the X gives you more of a ricer sound.

I don't know about "ricer" since NASCAR is using x-pipes. It's just a higher
pitch more in line with an F1 type of sound. It's definitely not the deep
throaty sound of an h-pipe through flowmasters. It's more of a growl. That's
the only word I can think of to describe the difference. It definitely still
sounds like a V-8 though, not a 4-banger with a turbo and the popoff valve
set too high. reen neen neen neen neen Whistle!!!!!
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302