overheating

Old June 28th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
rosy

Default overheating

how do i make my temperature light turn off?

Old June 28th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Fix it!

oups.com...

Old June 28th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Matt B.

"rosy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> how do i make my temperature light turn off?

fix the overheating problem.

Old June 28th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Yeah fix it or just turn off the engine and the light will turn off!
Might be a sensor/switch/low coolant level/other problem.

Old June 29th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
rosy

On Jun 27, 8:25 pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> Yeah fix it or just turn off the engine and the light will turn off!
> Might be a sensor/switch/low coolant level/other problem.
>
> "Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in ...
>

> > Fix it!

> > "rosy" > wrote in message
> roups.com...
> >> how do i make my temperature light turn off?- Hide quoted text -

thank you, my dad was no help

Old June 29th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tom's VR6

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, rosy wrote:

>how do i make my temperature light turn off?

Is the light always on while the engine is running, or only after
the engine has been running for a while for a while?

If the latter, then maybe the engine is really hot.

See if your radiator fans run when the engine is hot and when the
air conditioner is running.. If not, get that fixed.

See if the coolant has risen significantly into the tank. In fact,
make sure that there is some coolant there even when the engine
cold.

Turn off the air conditioner if driving. The air conditioner makes
the engine run hotter.

If you further want to cool the engine while driving, open the
windows and turn on the heater full blast. Not kidding. That can let
you temporarily keep going until you get it fixed.

Old June 29th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Dave[_39_]

"rosy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> how do i make my temperature light turn off?

Pull the light bulb or LED that's lighting. Won't cure the problem though,
if of course that interests you.

Dave

Old June 29th 07, 07:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Charles[_6_]

"rosy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> how do i make my temperature light turn off?

Don't worry Rosy. It will eventually go off on it's own. The engine will
seize and the light will go off because the engine is no longer able to run.

Old June 30th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Dave[_39_]

"rosy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jun 27, 8:25 pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
>> Yeah fix it or just turn off the engine and the light will turn off!
>> Might be a sensor/switch/low coolant level/other problem.
>>
>> "Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in
>>

>> > Fix it!

>> > "rosy" > wrote in message
>> roups.com...

> thank you, my dad was no help

Neither were you. You never said what you've done to try to cure the
problem. If it was actually overheating for example. If the light comes
on, and that's it, could be a alot of things. When the light comes on could
be hint, but no help to respondents there either. Help us to help you.
Dave

Help, Overheating. Mandie @k@ Zepherous VW water cooled 9 May 5th 07 03:03 AM
94 SL2 Overheating Andrew E. Saturn 21 September 24th 06 08:20 PM
car overheating gizzzzmo Technology 1 June 11th 06 12:19 AM
overheating 92 GMC V6 ken2557 4x4 9 July 27th 05 04:26 PM
98 E36 316 Overheating MikeyDugg BMW 0 January 12th 05 11:17 AM