fuel and oil mixing!!

Old July 3rd 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default fuel and oil mixing!!

ok the mechanic told me that my 81 cabriolet or should i say rabbit
has fuel in the iol what can be causing that?The mechanic doesnt know
how to work on vw's.

Old July 3rd 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Then take it to someone that does! ;-)

Too rich a mixture might cause fuel to get into the oil right past the
piston rings. Also a faulty cold start system might put too much fuel into
the intake manifold.

02 sensor shorting out might cause a rich mixture also. Yours is probably a
1 wire job and is less likely to cause this problem. But I could be wrong.
;-)

oups.com...

Mixing tire brands? SQ Technology 6 December 4th 06 06:42 PM
Mixing tire brands? Kevin Oberle BMW 5 May 23rd 06 04:11 AM
Mixing Dunlop M2 and M3 tires John F. Carr Audi 2 December 9th 05 04:07 PM
Mixing Tire Sizes [email protected] Technology 3 October 18th 05 12:42 AM
Mixing Coolant solution Tony Audi 3 September 27th 04 07:21 AM