Radiator fan failure

Old June 29th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Don Shank

Default Radiator fan failure

Hi:

I have a 01 Jetta 1.8t. The small fan spins but the big one does not. Can I
assume that the big fan has failed and replace it or do I need to look
deeper. Any help?

Thanks,

Don Shank

Old June 29th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Are they tied together with a belt?

Old June 29th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Don Shank

Madesio,
Thanks for your suggestion. Tapping the motor caused it to spin, but not
with any real force. Now what do you think.

Thanks:

Don Shank

Old June 30th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

bad motor with worn bushings maybe?

Old June 30th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

replace it!

Old July 1st 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Don Shank

Thanks All
"Madesio" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 21:39:12 -0400, "Lost In Space/Woodchuck"
> > wrote:
>
>>replace it!
>>

>>"Don Shank" > wrote in message
om...
>>> Madesio,
>>> Thanks for your suggestion. Tapping the motor caused it to spin, but not
>>> with any real force. Now what do you think.

> Yes, the fan needs to be replaced.

Duramax Engine Failure - Engine Filled With Deisel due to fuel injector failure = SPUN BEARING [email protected] 4x4 42 November 9th 06 12:03 AM
MOT failure Pete Alfa Romeo 0 March 20th 06 04:54 PM
Possible PCM failure [email protected] Saturn 1 November 27th 05 12:29 PM
147 ABS/VCD Failure Kenny Ferguson Alfa Romeo 5 September 29th 05 08:36 PM
D35 failure Kevin_S Jeep 1 February 9th 05 03:30 PM