Passat Rotors

Old July 1st 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Passat Rotors

We take my wife's Passat to the local VW dealership for service, and
they claim that whenever they replace the brake pads they have to
replace the rotors too (NB: there is no wa-wa-wa to imply any warping
or other problems), and also that in any case the rotors can't be
turned and always have to be replaced. Both claims sound bogus to me,
but I thought I'd get the opinion of the group since I have zero
experience with VWs (maybe there's some funky German engineering going
on?).

Old July 1st 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

rotor maybe worn under size, pitted, flaking, or worn uneven due to normal
pad wear. How many miles on your present rotors. Also you haven't said if
it's the front or rear rotors or what year the car is?

ps.com...

Old July 1st 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Just have your old parts returned to you so you can measure the thickness of
the rotors. ;-)
I would not want to worry about brakes again for another 30-40,000 miles or
longer.

Old July 1st 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
none2u

rotors rtbn Ford Explorer 2 March 11th 07 05:02 PM
00 Cherokee Rotors DanFXR Jeep 1 October 25th 06 05:45 PM
E46 M3 rotors sgfan3 BMW 4 August 10th 06 12:06 PM
Rotors... BradandBrooks Ford Mustang 20 October 23rd 05 11:38 PM
FS:NEW Front Brake Rotors for '92 VW Passat GLS 2.0l romick VW water cooled 0 March 7th 05 11:58 PM