95 Jetta substitute plug wires?????

Old October 25th 04, 02:54 AM
IWishIknew

Default 95 Jetta substitute plug wires?????

Hey guys, just found this forum and it looks great. My question is, does
anyone know of any substitute replacement plug wires for the 95 Jetta. I
haven't even checked the dealer price.. but the after market price is
100.00. Seems kinda step for a bunch of wires. You would think at some
point the "price shock" on VW parts would not bother me so bad. Afterall
this is the 4th VW I've owned, 78 Beetle, 85 Rabbit, 87 Jetta, now the 95.
I do love VW's even if the parts are outrageous.
Thanks, Tony

Old October 25th 04, 05:37 AM
Matt B.

"IWishIknew" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Hey guys, just found this forum and it looks great. My question is, does
> anyone know of any substitute replacement plug wires for the 95 Jetta. I
> haven't even checked the dealer price.. but the after market price is
> 100.00. Seems kinda step for a bunch of wires. You would think at some
> point the "price shock" on VW parts would not bother me so bad. Afterall
> this is the 4th VW I've owned, 78 Beetle, 85 Rabbit, 87 Jetta, now the 95.
> I do love VW's even if the parts are outrageous.
> Thanks, Tony

I've seen prices of about $65 on up for the aftermarket wires for an A2 1.8
8V and I believe the 4-cylinder A3 Golf/Jetta wires are the same. Had an
aftermarket set come apart on me though when I was removing my plugs one
time (and the wires weren't that old). Since then I've just gotten them from
the dealer...I think in the high $80s.

Old October 26th 04, 04:57 AM
IWishIknew

Thanks for the reply Matt. Maybe I need to check another aftermarket
source... mine quoted me at 89.99. I will also check the deaer.... 89 for
aftermarket that come apart or 80 for factory... hmmmm, not a hard
decision there.

Old October 27th 04, 05:08 AM
IWishIknew

Hmmmm, can someone tell me how my reply got posted as a duplicate.. twenty
minutes apart?

Old October 27th 04, 07:07 PM
William Maslin

In article
outautos.com>,
"IWishIknew" > wrote:

> Hey guys, just found this forum and it looks great. My question is, does
> anyone know of any substitute replacement plug wires for the 95 Jetta. I
> haven't even checked the dealer price.. but the after market price is
> 100.00. Seems kinda step for a bunch of wires. You would think at some
> point the "price shock" on VW parts would not bother me so bad. Afterall
> this is the 4th VW I've owned, 78 Beetle, 85 Rabbit, 87 Jetta, now the 95.
> I do love VW's even if the parts are outrageous.
> Thanks, Tony

Right now www.germanautoparts.com (reallly good folks) is running a
special on a 2.0 tuneup kit that includes new plug wires, Bosch cap and
rotor and four Bosch FR8DS plugs. See he

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1647085

and look at their actual site:

http://www.germanautoparts.com/main....ngroup=EngineE
lectrical&selmodel=Jetta&seltype=250&line=5

where they list both the OEM set for $80.33 and what they call a good
economy set for $48.25.

--

Take out the invalid if replying by email
Old October 27th 04, 07:30 PM
dave

>From: William Maslin lid
>
>Right now
www.germanautoparts.com (reallly good folks) is running a
>special on a 2.0 tuneup kit that includes new plug wires, Bosch cap and
>rotor and four Bosch FR8DS plugs. See he
>
>http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1647085
>
>and look at their actual site:
>
>http://www.germanautoparts.com/main....ngroup=EngineE
>lectrical&selmodel=Jetta&seltype=250&line=5
>
>where they list both the OEM set for $80.33 and what they call a good
>economy set for $48.25.

and I would agree that it is a good price ($99) for the plugs, wires, cap and
rotor!
good looking out William! :-)

later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris