1963 Facel Vega HK II Coupé - rvr.jpg (1/2) (05of24) 779K

Old November 9th 08, 05:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default 1963 Facel Vega HK II Coupé - rvr.jpg (1/2) (05of24) 779K

I notice two things that seem to be different about these posts:

1. They're mostly broken up into two pieces and I don't recall that you
posted multi-parts in the past. Maybe you did but I just don't remember it.

2. When I combine and decode them and try to save them they are .bmp's ---
not .jpg's. This is in spite of the fact that they're labeled as .jpg's.

It's not a huge problem - I can just reopen them in PhotoShop and save them
as .jpg's and then toss out the original .bmp but if this was a great big
post I'd probably think I don't have enough time for all this.
--
Pat Durkin

Old November 9th 08, 05:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
>I notice two things that seem to be different about these posts:

Okay now I'll modify what I just said. All the turquoise metallic '63 Facel
Vega shots turned out to be .bmp's. But now I've worked my way up to 1963
Facel Vega III - green - fvr.jpg (1/2) and after combining and decoding it
turns out to be a jpg. Whew! I hope the rest are all that way too. )
--
Pat Durkin

Old November 9th 08, 07:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zinc[_2_]

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
> "Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
>>I notice two things that seem to be different about these posts:

> Okay now I'll modify what I just said. All the turquoise metallic '63
> Facel Vega shots turned out to be .bmp's. But now I've worked my way up
> to 1963 Facel Vega III - green - fvr.jpg (1/2) and after combining and
> decoding it turns out to be a jpg. Whew! I hope the rest are all that
> way too. )

I don't get it. Not only haven't I done anything different in processing or
posting these shots, but I can't see Max's or your replies in my regular
news reader. In OE they show up but not in News Rover. So if I don't respond
to someone it's probably because I didn't get the post.

--
Z~

Old November 9th 08, 08:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]

Default 1963 Facel Vega HK II Coupé - rvr.jpg (05of24) 779K

On 9-Nov-2008, "Zinc" > wrote:

> >>I notice two things that seem to be different about these posts:

> > Okay now I'll modify what I just said. All the turquoise metallic '63
> > Facel Vega shots turned out to be .bmp's. But now I've worked my way up
> >
> > to 1963 Facel Vega III - green - fvr.jpg (1/2) and after combining and
> > decoding it turns out to be a jpg. Whew! I hope the rest are all that
> > way too. )

> I don't get it. Not only haven't I done anything different in processing
> or
> posting these shots, but I can't see Max's or your replies in my regular
> news reader. In OE they show up but not in News Rover. So if I don't
> respond
> to someone it's probably because I didn't get the post.
>
> --
> Z~
>

> end

And when checking on the original saved post in OE there's no "end" tacked
on to these posts. It must be a new Giganews thing, or I'm being singled out
for some reason.

--
Z~
Old November 9th 08, 08:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"Zinc" > wrote in message

> I don't get it. Not only haven't I done anything different in processing
> or posting these shots, but I can't see Max's or your replies in my
> regular news reader. In OE they show up but not in News Rover. So if I
> don't respond to someone it's probably because I didn't get the post.

Weird.

Were they posted in News Rover or OE?

Something I read a long time ago (and you'll hear this out of context from
the rest of the conversation) led me to believe that people posting large
JPEG's with OE created one large picture file, while people posting with
other more advanced posting programs that would read yEnc had their posts
broken up into smaller parts by the posting program. There may also have
been an explanation for this feature but I cannot remember it however I may
also have read that the poster had the option of going into the program's
control panel and specifying a larger or smaller size before break up.

As far as the .bmp's are concerned I can't figure that out either. Most of
your shots turned out to be regular JPEG's - no problem.

I wonder if I'm the only one who received them that way. Maybe there's
something hinky in my own computer, but I don't think so.
--
Pat Durkin

Old November 9th 08, 08:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows

"Zinc" > wrote in message

> And when checking on the original saved post in OE there's no "end" tacked
> on to these posts. It must be a new Giganews thing, or I'm being singled
> out for some reason.

Boy I don't know, Z~.

The posts from you that are in question came in 2 parts with the first one
being 761KB.

I've posted a file today that was 1285KB and it came through in one piece.
--
Pat Durkin

Old November 9th 08, 08:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]

On 9-Nov-2008, "Paddy's Pig" > wrote:

> > I don't get it. Not only haven't I done anything different in processing
> > or posting these shots, but I can't see Max's or your replies in my
> > regular news reader. In OE they show up but not in News Rover. So if I
> > don't respond to someone it's probably because I didn't get the post.

> Weird.

Okay, I got the posts in News Rover now but they're flagged as partial
posts(?)

> Were they posted in News Rover or OE?

I always post pics with Power-Post 2000 V1.3. It has a nagging quirk about
setting the default maximum lines at 12345. So I always reset to the max of
32000, as I did last night.

> Something I read a long time ago (and you'll hear this out of context from
> the rest of the conversation) led me to believe that people posting large
> JPEG's with OE created one large picture file, while people posting with
> other more advanced posting programs that would read yEnc had their posts
> broken up into smaller parts by the posting program. There may also have
> been an explanation for this feature but I cannot remember it however I
> may also have read that the poster had the option of going into the
> program's
> control panel and specifying a larger or smaller size before break up.

I usually set the max lines before adding the files to be posted, didn't do
that on this post. So it could very well have been the sequence that messed
up Power-Post, and the split pics could have confused your reader into
making some BMPs.

> As far as the .bmp's are concerned I can't figure that out either. Most
> of your shots turned out to be regular JPEG's - no problem.

They all show up as JPGs on both of my readers.

> I wonder if I'm the only one who received them that way. Maybe there's
> something hinky in my own computer, but I don't think so.

Nah, let's see how it goes next time. It was probably the sequence that
messed things up.

--
Z~
Old November 10th 08, 03:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
rob

i saved all the multi part pics as jpgs.....downloaded from outhouse express