Motor Trend Magazine Phoenix Car Show

Old November 22nd 06, 01:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Doby Doby is offline
Banned

Default Motor Trend Magazine Phoenix Car Show

On Thanksgiving day, I will be photographing the Motor Trend show of
2007 cars and trucks with some concept cars. It is being held in our
new convention facilities, not yet completed. This will be quite a
challange as it is in different buildings.

The West builing will hold Mopar, Mini, Nissan, Scion and Toyota on
the lower level. On the street level will have Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land
Rover, Mitsubishi, Porsche, and Volvo. On the upper level will be the
Acura, Infinity, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz and Suburu.

Next I have to walk down south a city block to the Chevrolet Pavilion
in the midle of a street a block East. If I don't collapse, go East
to the South building which will have Buck, Honda, Kia, Pontiac,
Caddillac, Hummer, Lincoln, Saab, Ford, hyundai, Mazda, Suzuki, GMC,
Isuzu, Mercury, and Volkwagen.

If this sounds strange, it's because the billion dollar project is not
yet completed and at some time in the future will be connected by
overhead or underground passages.

This area is now the hot construction/entertainment/sports, and
convention area, with new hotels, parking buildings and other
structures all in different stages of build with streets also being
torn up for the light rail tracks and station.

I may have to do this in two days. It is a 4 day event.
Old November 22nd 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Padraig

"Doby" > wrote in message
> On Thanksgiving day, I will be photographing the Motor Trend show of
> 2007 cars and trucks with some concept cars.

Wow. Sounds like a lot of work Doby. I've done a couple of the L.A. Auto
Shows at the L.A. Convention Center and that's a pretty big facility too -
and I've come home too pooped to pop. I hope you hold up well. I'm looking
forward to your shots.

Pat

Old November 22nd 06, 04:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
guest

Doby > wrote

> This area is now the hot construction/entertainment/sports, and
> convention area, with new hotels, parking buildings and other
> structures all in different stages of build with streets also being
> torn up for the light rail tracks and station.

If this was Boston, you could add the Big Dig. Which city is this that is
receiving so much investment?

Ron
Old November 22nd 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Vintage[_2_]

Sounds great Doby, and thanks for all of the other pix to date.

fred

Old November 22nd 06, 07:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Doby Doby is offline
Banned

Phoenix, AZ

Old November 22nd 06, 07:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Doby Doby is offline
Banned

You're welcom Fred

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:06:40 -0500, "Vintage" > wrote:

>Sounds great Doby, and thanks for all of the other pix to date.
>
>fred

.. .

Old November 22nd 06, 07:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc

They should have taken advantage of the cooler weather at this time of year
and had it outdoors. Good luck, Doby.

--
Z~

..