Indianapolis Hall of Fame; 1903 Premier Special.JPG (0/1)

Old June 7th 08, 01:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

Default Indianapolis Hall of Fame; 1903 Premier Special.JPG (0/1)

Two weekends ago, I achieved a lifetme's ambition and went to Indianapolis for the
Indy 500. I visited the Hall of Fame Museum. Some fascinating and unique exhibits,
all in good condition. The usual museum problems of exhibits being too close together
and indifferent lighting meant that some pictures are not as clear as I would have liked,
but here they are anyway.

These pictures were all shot at 3008 x 2000 and have ben resized for posting in Paint
Shop Pro. If anyone would like to see any of them at their original resolution, I'm happy
o re-post or email them.

Regards

Leroy Curtis
Old June 7th 08, 06:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article
estechnologygroup>,
John Bradley > writes
>Leroy - Thanks
>These are most excellent.
>Even tho' Museum money goes to tg, I'd still go there to pay my respects to
>these cars.
>john

Glad you've enjoyed them, John.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email
Old June 7th 08, 07:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
John Bradley

Leroy - Thanks
These are most excellent.
Even tho' Museum money goes to tg, I'd still go there to pay my respects to
these cars.
john

--
Vote for Ponzi - the US economy depends on him!

Old June 9th 08, 08:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Peter C

.......and you didn't go the extra mile and come and see us over
here.....well....I am most disappointed Leroy. :^)

Great pictures and I'm very happy for you that you were able to fulfill your
dream to see the Indy. I'm not much of a roundy-rounder fan but the Indy is
special so hopefully one day I'll get there along with Daytona and a few
other tracks that are high speed ovals.

Thanks for sharing.

Peter C

Old June 10th 08, 12:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article <y153k.15800$js6.12616@pd7urf1no>, Peter C
> writes
>......and you didn't go the extra mile and come and see us over
>here.....well....I am most disappointed Leroy. :^)

Sorry, no, but next year the pan is to go to the Canadian Grand Prix, so
you never know, I may yet turn up on your doorstep.

>Great pictures and I'm very happy for you that you were able to fulfill your
>dream to see the Indy. I'm not much of a roundy-rounder fan but the Indy is
>special so hopefully one day I'll get there along with Daytona and a few
>other tracks that are high speed ovals.

Although it wasn't a classic race, with some 80-odd laps being run under
the safety car, it was a great experience. The circuit itself is
mind-blowing in terms of its size, the atmosphere electric, and the
knowledgeable and friendly crowd is huge. I believe it's the
best-attended single sporting event in the world. Plus there's the
parade in downtown Indianapolis the day before the race, which was
almost worth the journey from here on its own. A highly recommendable
experience.

Old June 11th 08, 10:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Peter C

Well if you come to the Canadian Grand Prix we're only another 4,800 Klm
further..... :^)

Peter C

Old June 12th 08, 10:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article <xbN3k.23794$C12.13319@pd7urf3no>, Peter C
> writes
>Well if you come to the Canadian Grand Prix we're only another 4,800 Klm
>further..... :^)

Sometimes one forgets how big Canada is.