1955 Chrysler C-300 - Platinum - fvl

Old December 11th 09, 07:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default 1955 Chrysler C-300 - Platinum - fvl

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 Chrysler C-300 - Platinum - fvl.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	366.5 KB
ID:	191152
Old December 11th 09, 09:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Max Magister

On my iMac this car looks a very delicate shade of light green. It's a
lovely colour but I thought they were only white, red, or black in 1955.

Max

Old December 11th 09, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows

"Max Magister" > wrote in message

> On my iMac this car looks a very delicate shade of light green. It's a
> lovely colour but I thought they were only white, red, or black in 1955.

Max I've not been able to verify the color offerings available on a C-300 in
'55 but I won't argue against white, red, or black. What I *will* argue
about is the difinition of "white".

What exactly is white? There must be a couple of hundred shades of white.
I agree this particular "white" (they called it platinum) has a slight
greenish cast to it. But I remember as a kid seeing exactly that shade on
some new C-300's.

I went to the Autocolor Library and found listings for all 1955 Chryslers.
There was no separate listing for C-300's. All were lumped into one group.
There does indeed appear to be a whitish-greenish shade offered by the
factory that year.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorli...ysler-pg01.jpg

I was also able to locate a VERY poor quality factory picture of the C-300's
and the one in the middle appears to possibly be a whitish green.

I agree this is not conclusive but the word white should in some cases not
be interpreted literally.
--
Pat

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	res20010101c300.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	191173
Old December 11th 09, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message

> http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorli...ysler-pg01.jpg
>
> I was also able to locate a VERY poor quality factory picture of the
> C-300's and the one in the middle appears to possibly be a whitish green.
>
> I agree this is not conclusive but the word white should in some cases not
> be interpreted literally.

I'll add that I also recall seeing numerous '57 model 300's that were closer
to what you'd call a pure white, although I believe they also had a tiny
amount of black mixed in to cut down the brilliance level from snow white to
merely white.
--
Pat

Old December 12th 09, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Max Magister

I agree. I guess I should simply have asked if anyone else was seeing the
same green cast on that car. If not, it's a setting on my iMac; if so, it's
fine. I had a Nissan Maxima in pearl that had a definite green cast to it
and it looked beautiful in the light. I was really asking about whether I
was seeing what everyone else was also seeing. The iMac is so much brighter
than my previous monitor and the colours are so much more vivid that I just
wondered, that's all.

max

Old December 12th 09, 03:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc

"Max Magister" > wrote in message
. ..
>I agree. I guess I should simply have asked if anyone else was seeing the
> same green cast on that car.

It had a green cast in my shots from '06 also.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 Chrysler C-300 2d htp - platinum - fvr.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	718.8 KB
ID:	191250  Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 Chrysler C-300 2d htp - platinum - rvr.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	741.4 KB
ID:	191251
Old December 12th 09, 07:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Max Magister

I remember that one, thinking that if I was going to show my car I'd at
least clean the mud off the whitewalls. But now I see the same green cast
so I'm pretty sure that my computer's set properly and I'm seeing the
colours that I'm supposed to see. Thanks, Z.

max

Old December 13th 09, 09:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]

I vaguely recall it raining before this show in Placentia. He probably hit a
mud hole in that park - maybe even getting stuck with the mud covering the
whole whitewall - and didn't have access to a hose out there.

--
Z~