'88 Commanche floor boards

Old April 22nd 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
K. A. Cannon

Default '88 Commanche floor boards

I have a 1988 Commanche...decent shape mechanically...usual rust.
The drivers side floor boards have rusted out. Is there a replacement
sheet metal part available or am I going to have to fabricated this
myself?

Old April 22nd 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

K. A. Cannon wrote:

> I have a 1988 Commanche...decent shape mechanically...usual rust.
> The drivers side floor boards have rusted out. Is there a replacement
> sheet metal part available or am I going to have to fabricated this
> myself?

Mine rusted out in that damned hole where the body mount bolts on - fabbing
that took some cussing. If you can't find a kit, then you are in for some
serious sheet metal work. The original was ribbed to stiffen it - I wound
up welding some channel instead of bending those then filled the whole mess
with roofing tar to stop any further rust. Also check behind the pedals on
the firewall for rust - I had a quarter sized hole up behinf the brake
pedal that let water in from the splash which compounded the floor problem.
Saw the same hole in 2-3 that were in a local junk yard.

--
Will Honea
Old April 22nd 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III

A repair done by Snow of this group: http://www.billhughes.com/snowXJ/
Keep a jack on the door opening and make many short welds to lessen the
shrinkage.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Old April 23rd 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud[_7_]

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:28:14 -0700, Lard Zeppelin Hughes III wrote:

> jack on the door

Ugh!

You can jack anywhere you want -- not that there's any noticeable output
-- but do it where no-one can see you, eh?

If ya don't, you'll get another visit from your gay buds at the Cop Shoppe.

--
We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our
educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We

- Charles Bukowski

Old April 23rd 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Cujo DeSockpuppet[_2_]

Pink Freud > wrote in
news
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:28:14 -0700, Lard Zeppelin Hughes III wrote:
>
>> jack on the door

> Ugh!
>
> You can jack anywhere you want -- not that there's any noticeable
> output -- but do it where no-one can see you, eh?

With that limp pecker the freak would be there for hours.

> If ya don't, you'll get another visit from your gay buds at the Cop
> Shoppe.

Or the SPCA.

Repost for new members: 1989 Jeep Customized Commanche Pickup Red fvl 1st Floor (WPC Museum) F.jpg 218061 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Auto Photos 0 April 9th 08 03:43 PM
Repost - 2001 pictures: 1989 Jeep Customized Commanche Pickup Red fvl 1st Floor (WPC Museum) F.jpg 218061 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 19th 07 12:38 PM
89 JEEP COMMANCHE GRIZZLYFIRE Jeep 3 August 1st 05 01:39 AM
1988 Jeep Commanche keeps stalling smuirhead 4x4 1 May 18th 05 01:58 PM
What to put on boards for traction????? Ron M. 4x4 2 May 17th 04 04:50 AM