Cj clutch linkage mouting

Old September 27th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
QuickTruck

Default Cj clutch linkage mouting

Hey everyone,
I'm making my Scrambler a stick shift again. It was originally a T4
but when i got it there was a engine / tranny swap with an automatic in
there. The clutch pedal assembly is still under the dash, so I got
everything to replace the factory bellcrank setup. I have everything
mounted but have one question- where does the pivot mount? I have the
one on the firewall mounted, but where does the pivot closest to the
tranny tunnel mount? Is it fixed somewhere on the engine /
bellhousing?

Thanks,
Don W

Old September 28th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Hi Don,
Engine side, on bellhousing. Probably easily found on any Rambler
stick in the bone yards:
http://jeep.avtograd.ru/engines/clut...kage_parts.gif
http://www.the-jeep-guy.com/TRANSMIS...KAGE%20KIT.jpg
http://k43.pbase.com/u29/the_rutger/...2.138_3816.jpg
http://www.net-whiz.net/rob/engine/i...2003051708.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 28th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_5_]

Bill,

I can't really see what's in the bag, but this looks a lot like the setup
that Dodge used to use. Having well polished balls and keeping them greased
is crucial to the life of the nylon bushings and the whole mechanism. As
they taught me in the Basque Country, "lo importante es tener dos pelotas
bien puestas".

Earle

Old September 28th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

And Ford and GM.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 28th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

If you run it across level to the bellhousing, it's bracket should line
up with a couple holes there and be more or less level. It doesn't have
to be perfectly level by any means, the ball sockets on either end allow
for a reasonable tilt on it with full function still.

When I did mine I had some issues because my fiberglass body sits higher
up from the frame 'and' the inside floor or shell sits up an inch and a
half more so I could only line up one bellhousing bolt and keep it
within a reasonable tilt. Mine is 'almost' at the point where I need a
longer threaded adjuster rod, but that is easy enough to make if needed.

It held for almost 7 years before I managed to snap off that single bolt
and I twist up my CJ7 pretty good some trips....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old September 30th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
QuickTruck

Thanks for the help everyone!
I was thinking that's how it had to be, but wasnted to be sure. Once
I get my Ford 5 liter and T18 back in the Jeep I'll have to make it
work.

Thanks,
Don W

Old October 1st 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Hi Don,
I would think you could put the Jeep pivot ball onto the Ford
bracket: http://broncograveyard.com/dia/7/cludialinkage.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 2nd 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
QuickTruck

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> Hi Don,
> I would think you could put the Jeep pivot ball onto the Ford
> bracket: http://broncograveyard.com/dia/7/cludialinkage.jpg
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

I should have known if anyone would have a diagram of something, it
would be Bill Hughes.
What lineage is that?

Thanks,
Don W

Old October 2nd 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Bronco.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/