Does your Jeep have a name?

Old April 9th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Does your Jeep have a name?

Every time I THINK I have just the perfect name,,,,
I get all screwed up.

*sigh*

nothing new for me I guess...

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
: Nope, none fit. A friend called his the Green Monster:
: http://www.billhughes.com/temp/greenMonster.jpg and knowing what it went
: though, it's appropriately named.
: God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
:
:
: Kate wrote:
: >
: > Does your Jeep now have a name Bill?
: >
: > Let me think, I have had - Baby, Shug, Smokey I & II
: > Ol Blue , Buddy - Phillip .. more I have forgotten Many did not get
names.

Old April 9th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Well... sometimes I think of it as Little Red, my Champ pickup is Big Red.

Jeff DeWitt

Old April 9th 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

quit your braggin'
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 9th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Bullet proof?
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 9th 06, 11:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Well, my first jeep was called Mud Dauber it was an old CJ5 we used when I
was a kid on the farm. We used it for snow plowing, running the fields,
getting groceries, fishing. We called Mud Dauber because it did not have
floor boards and you always got covered in mud.

The first jeep I owned was a 76 CJ7 and I called her Buoy Butt it was a
Coast Guard thing.

My son and I restored his first jeep a 79 CJ7 about 10 years ago he named it
Crystal after his girl friend now his wife. I painted it British Racing
green and it really looked sharp and it was the only color of that type for
3 counties. Then a new water tower was built in our town and they painted
it the same color as his jeep so I started calling it Water Tower he was
****ed.

My 04 TJ is called Damn The Bad Luck, it seems no matter where I go I pull
some one out of a ditch, give them a jump, watch others sit in mud up to
their axles, or others just do stupid stuff and I kept saying Damn The Bad
Luck, well it stuck.

My wife's 04 WJ is called Goldie because of the color.
Coasty

Old April 9th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You're just jealous.

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
: quit your braggin'
: God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
: http://www.billhughes.com/
:
: >

Old April 9th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Jeff DeWitt" > wrote in message
m...
: Well... sometimes I think of it as Little Red, my Champ pickup is Big Red.
:
: Jeff DeWitt
:

That's pretty cool. Let me guess, they're both blue ? ;ŹD

Both of our rigs are white. I like that, they look good in the driveway that
way.

Old April 9th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Good stories Coasty, thanks!
Maybe that's the problem I am having with this one, not enough shared
experiences to find the perfect name yet.

I especially like the water tower story.

Kate

"Coasty" <uscg_ret at comcast dot net> wrote in message
[...]
: ...

Old April 9th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I named mine Clementine because the "Oh my darling" phrase
kept floating through my mind for weeks after I bought her.
It was also a feel good car song my Gramma & I used to howl
driving up to Topanga in her Flivver. About a month after I
formally named the Jeep I found out Clementines are
oranges....

Seahag

Old April 9th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My wife calls her Libby "Lil Jeepy"

Ed