She's all Mine!

Old December 8th 05, 02:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default She's all Mine!

Paid off my '02 TJ last week! Yippee!

I was wondering if anyone has used the Mother's clay-bar
paint saving system? A friend just used it to remove a lot
of fresh epoxy paint overspray on his black '97 wrangler and
I was wondering how it would do on clearcoat over Amber
Fire. My overspray is about a year old and I _can_ live
with it, but it did such a nice job on the black.

Seahag

Old December 8th 05, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yeah now that it is paid for all of the money you were spending every month
can be put towards upgrades... the good stuff

.. .

Old December 8th 05, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I've watched my neighbor use clay on a '99 Audi, '84 Porsche, and '66 Ford
Convertible.

All 3 look like they just came of the showroom floor but then Ed is a
car-nut. Be sure, if you clay, to keep the paint surface wet with one of
the detailer sprays and be prepared to spend a lot of time..

I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (clearcoat safe) to remove imperfections on my
last several vehicles and when used with a buffer (or persistent elbow
grease) to rub out off-road pinstriping on my WJ..

Old December 9th 05, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I was planning to try a spot, but the hood is where the
overspray is. I thought I'd poke around here first:^)

Seahag
(I shamelessly love my paint, first decent one I've ever
owned)

Old December 9th 05, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Sorry I didn't reply last night...dinner showed up!

Sounds like this is a good thing to use then. In addition
to the overspray I have marks from bird poop and acid rain
which the regular Meguire's products don't touch. I sure
wish I'd used their Carnuba wax instead of the cleaner/wax
from the start.

Seahag

Old December 9th 05, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks! It hasn't really sunk in yet, but I love not
bleeding out the bank account!

Seahag

Old December 9th 05, 02:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Heh heh heh...just got the latest Quadratec catalogue
yesterday...and my mechanic sez I'll need new tires in the
next 1000 miles...Unfortunately there aren't really any
off-road places in Maryland:^(

Seahag

Old December 9th 05, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

What kind are you looking to install?