Formula 1??????

Old April 20th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Default Formula 1??????

Wondered what others think about the state of what is poorly referred to
these days as "Formula 1"?

We have -

No tyre manufacturer competition (insane and probably corrupt - wonder how
much Bridgestone paid Ernie?). And now they're starting to frig the teams
around by deliberately turning up with less than best compounds because some
stupid little child thinks that that is exciting and more interesting.

Frozen engine development (insane - the name on the engine means nothing -
why do manufacturers even remain in F1????) and talk of some "World Engine"
(by cane arse Mosley) for not only formula 1 but different iterations for
rally and anything else the FIA deem it appropriate for (equally
insane/corrupt)

Slower cars every year instead of faster ones - cars to fit 100 year old
tracks instead of new tracks for modern cars that should have 2000+
horsepower, full downforce, etc

Regulations that apparently take the experts that created them days for even
themselves to interpret. It took 40 lawyers, officials and team personnel 8
hours to argue their rubbish and a decision was not given until 24 hours
after that. What kind of idiotic rules must they be? And this issue was
raised well over a month before Australia - why was nothing done before
then? What a joke. Not sure if the Japs are throwing money around this -
they are the common denominator with the double diffuser cars - Honda,
Toyota and Williams/Toyota. When most of the teams apparently get the rules
wrong then the rules must be idiotic.

This "Lie Gate" thing is a load of absolute bull**** as well - wtf are the
stewards doing asking a driver stupid ****ing questions like that anyway.
What difference does it make as to why Hamilton slowed and Trulli passed.
Total and complete bull**** and just another reason to believe that F1 is
indeed a circus that's over run by clowns.

Bernie's kneejerk over reaction to Hamilton winning the championship
with merely 1 less win than Massa. He wanted to throw the car reliability
and driver consistency factors away completely - I think old Bernie's well
past his use by date. And as for cane arse
Max............................................... .........

Old April 21st 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

Personally, I think the main thing they need to sort out is that the drivers
on the podium at the end of the race have actually finished 1,2,3. Make it
like football, when a goal is given it cannot be changed. Then shoot all the
lawyers.

On the plus side: the form book has been thrown away, more mechanical grip
and slicks are a good thing, as is the maximum budget.

Old April 21st 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

dfg.myass@aol (David Fisher's Left Testicle) wrote:

> on the plus side: the form book has been thrown away, more
> mechanical grip and slicks are a good thing, as is the maximum
> budget.

It's a difficult subject. On the surface F1 is turning into more and more of a
circus. But so far this year I've really enjoyed the racing (I'm even, despite
reservations last year, enjoying the qualifying now). Whether that's a result of
the rule changes, I'm not sure. The weather may be a bigger factor in producing
some exciting action.

It may also be down to the fact the new BBC coverage in the UK is pretty good.
Apart from one of the commentators I'm enjoying the overall package a lot more,
adding to the sense of 'event' over the weekend.

And of course it's always interesting to see the usual candidates on the front row
pushed back down the grid. It's good for their sense of perspective. :-)

I suppose I'm also enjoying the fact that Jenson Button's doing so well. I try to
like Hamilton, but I just can't get past those preened sideburns... and his father,
who creeps me out. I suppose part of it is the underdog factor, after Button's
struggled for so many years. But I just like the guy's character, and it's a nice
to see him doing well.

So a combination of a Brit doing well, and newly improved coverage in the UK (with
no ads!) is allowing me to ignore some of the messy rule changes. And I'm sure I
could get pretty annoyed if I spent too long contemplating the whole KERS mess.

Andrew McP
Old April 22nd 09, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

dfg.myass@aol (David Fisher's Left Testicle) wrote:

> I agree he's getting better.

The advantage of being pretty poor at the start is it's easy to get better. ;-)

To be fair it's hard for a new double act to work smoothly from the word go. But
Legard (and Jordan, who sadly won't be replaced by Gascoyne permanently!) are weak
links in an otherwise impressive formula.

Andrew McP

Old April 22nd 09, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> dfg.myass@aol (David Fisher's Left Testicle) wrote:
>
>> I agree he's getting better.

> The advantage of being pretty poor at the start is it's easy to get
> better. ;-)
>
> To be fair it's hard for a new double act to work smoothly from the word
> go. But
> Legard (and Jordan, who sadly won't be replaced by Gascoyne permanently!)
> are weak
> links in an otherwise impressive formula.

Well, I don't think they're all that bad.

Old April 23rd 09, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Knew I had another gripe - too many to remember at one time!

This $20M cap idea - can anyone explain why any of the present
manufacturers would continue. Why pay $500M to have no more performance that
Joe Blow over there forking out only $20M. Am I missing something?

Old April 23rd 09, 08:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

To show they can inovate rather then just **** money away.

Old April 23rd 09, 11:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Not sure what you mean - I think one of us is missing the point.

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message

> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
>> Knew I had another gripe - too many to remember at one time!
>>
>> This $20M cap idea - can anyone explain why any of the present
>> manufacturers would continue. Why pay $500M to have no more performance
>> that Joe Blow over there forking out only $20M. Am I missing something?

> To show they can inovate rather then just **** money away.
>

>> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
>>> Wondered what others think about the state of what is poorly referred
>>> to these days as "Formula 1"?
>>>
>>> We have -
>>>
>>> No tyre manufacturer competition (insane and probably corrupt - wonder
>>> how much Bridgestone paid Ernie?). And now they're starting to frig the
>>> teams around by deliberately turning up with less than best compounds
>>> because some stupid little child thinks that that is exciting and more
>>> interesting.
>>>
>>> Frozen engine development (insane - the name on the engine means
>>> nothing - why do manufacturers even remain in F1????) and talk of some
>>> "World Engine" (by cane arse Mosley) for not only formula 1 but
>>> different iterations for rally and anything else the FIA deem it
>>> appropriate for (equally insane/corrupt)
>>>
>>> Slower cars every year instead of faster ones - cars to fit 100 year old
>>> tracks instead of new tracks for modern cars that should have 2000+
>>> horsepower, full downforce, etc
>>>
>>> Regulations that apparently take the experts that created them days for
>>> even themselves to interpret. It took 40 lawyers, officials and team
>>> personnel 8 hours to argue their rubbish and a decision was not given
>>> until 24 hours after that. What kind of idiotic rules must they be? And
>>> this issue was raised well over a month before Australia - why was
>>> nothing done before then? What a joke. Not sure if the Japs are throwing
>>> money around this - they are the common denominator with the double
>>> diffuser cars - Honda, Toyota and Williams/Toyota. When most of the
>>> teams apparently get the rules wrong then the rules must be idiotic.
>>>
>>> This "Lie Gate" thing is a load of absolute bull**** as well - wtf are
>>> the stewards doing asking a driver stupid ****ing questions like that
>>> anyway. What difference does it make as to why Hamilton slowed and
>>> Trulli passed. Total and complete bull**** and just another reason to
>>> believe that F1 is indeed a circus that's over run by clowns.
>>>
>>> Bernie's kneejerk over reaction to Hamilton winning the championship
>>> with merely 1 less win than Massa. He wanted to throw the car
>>> reliability and driver consistency factors away completely - I think old
>>> Bernie's well past his use by date. And as for cane arse

LFS-Soon available : Formula BMW FB02 Paulie Simulators 0 December 2nd 07 10:37 PM
Formula One Pictures !!! Francois Belley Auto Photos 0 March 28th 07 11:53 PM
Formula One 05 FooAtari Simulators 0 July 3rd 05 02:55 PM
Question for Formula GP or Formula Force GP owners Crossbone Simulators 0 April 1st 05 10:35 PM
Formula 1 Mitch_A Simulators 16 October 29th 04 05:01 PM