Looking for Sand Rail shop in Southeast is there one??

Old August 15th 05, 11:26 PM
Scott

Default Looking for Sand Rail shop in Southeast is there one??

I am looking for a shop that builds sand rails and is located in the
Southeast since I live in Asheville NC. Does anyone know if such places are
around these parts?

Thanks,

Scott..

Old August 16th 05, 01:23 AM

Scott wrote:
> I am looking for a shop that builds sand rails and is located in the
> Southeast since I live in Asheville NC. Does anyone know if such places are
> around these parts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott..

Hey Scott We can build you a rail, but we have one forsale if you want
one now

http://www.vintagewerksrestoration.com/

Old August 16th 05, 02:20 AM
Tim Rogers

"Scott" > wrote in message

> I am looking for a shop that builds sand rails and is located in the
> Southeast since I live in Asheville NC. Does anyone know if such places

are
> around these parts?

...............Choose very carefully when looking for a shop and take a look
at this link before sending any money:

http://mariogavazzivintagewerks.com

Old August 16th 05, 04:11 AM

timmy you moron its not my shop anymore why dont you grow up or is
mental retardation just in your genes.

Old August 16th 05, 11:38 AM
Scott

Is this the only place in the southeast?? WOW

Old August 16th 05, 12:06 PM

Scott when it comes to a rail we can completely powder coat it, its the
only way to go. And have anything chromed.
Right now I know the schedule is full on longer projects, so you might
want to contact Moriah to see what a start date could be.

Every thursday we meet with the Good ol volks club and has over 100
active members and will vouch for the quality of our work.

good to see the whinny brat pack is still around.

Old August 16th 05, 07:55 PM
Vicki O'

"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message
| "Scott" > wrote in message
| >
| > I am looking for a shop that builds sand rails and is located in the
| > Southeast since I live in Asheville NC. Does anyone know if such places
| are
| > around these parts?
| >

| ..............Choose very carefully when looking for a shop and take a
look
| at this link before sending any money:
|
| http://mariogavazzivintagewerks.com

Glad to see that you guys are looking out for us "newbies". I was a little
disappointed that no one posted a warning for me when this guy offered to
sell me a flasher relay. Probably didn't even belong to him. But that's
okay - I'd been reading about this jerk for quite a while now - thanks to
would never do business with you - even if I hadn't read all about you.
I'll turn my bug into a garden planter, before I do business with folks like
you.
~Vicki
PS - Kidd, you qwack me up!

Old August 16th 05, 08:28 PM
Tim Rogers

"Vicki O'" > wrote in message
. ..

> Glad to see that you guys are looking out for us "newbies". I was a

little
> disappointed that no one posted a warning for me when this guy offered to
> sell me a flasher relay. Probably didn't even belong to him. But that's
> okay - I'd been reading about this jerk for quite a while now - thanks to

..............I think that I remember telling you about the 6-volt, 3
terminal ones being available at the usual parts retailers like NAPA, etc.
You have to pick and choose your battles with guys like Mario or else the
whole group gets subjected to non-stop flames which can be a cure that's
worse than the disease. As for Scott, you should be able to get some advice
on reputable shops in the western region of NC from this group eventually.
It just might take several days and a few repeated posts about it from you
before someone happens to take notice and is in your area. Correct me if I'm
wrong but aren't you a long way from the Raleigh area? And if it hasn't
already been suggested, take a look at the classifieds at www.thesamba.com

Old August 16th 05, 11:47 PM
Gary Tateosian

Hicks VW service in Durham NC. Bob Hicks runs a very reputable shop.
They are a Berrien Buggies distributer and they build many of the kits.
Bob has one the finest VW parts selections available in a small shop.
Good ole boy attitude (and yes attitude goes both ways from freindly to
not depending on your attitude) and fair prices.

Hicks VW
3301 Angier Ave
Durham, NC 27703
Main Phone: 919-596-1026

BTW don't get Bob started on Mario....Bob referered a few customers to
Mario for paint work and is very much not pleased with the way they
were treated.
....nuff said,

Gary