Questions About '96 XJ Rear Wiper Blades

Old October 1st 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bw-fl

Default Questions About '96 XJ Rear Wiper Blades

I put Rain-X Latitude beam-style wipers on my 1996 XJ's windshield,
but Rain-X doesn't make that style for the rear wiper, which is a 12"
blade on the pin-style arm.

I bought a 12" Rain-X WeatherBeater Blade for the rear, but had to
return it because it would only fit the J-hook arm, and it didn't
include an adapter for the pin arm.

Does anyone make a frameless, bracketless, beam-style 12" rear wiper
blade?

If I can't find the beam-style, what do you guys think of the
following brands?

Michelin RainForce All Weather Performance
Valeo R-12A Rear Wiper Blade
Bosch Excel+

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old October 1st 10, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

bw-fl wrote:
> I put Rain-X Latitude beam-style wipers on my 1996 XJ's windshield,
> but Rain-X doesn't make that style for the rear wiper, which is a 12"
> blade on the pin-style arm.
>
> I bought a 12" Rain-X WeatherBeater Blade for the rear, but had to
> return it because it would only fit the J-hook arm, and it didn't
> include an adapter for the pin arm.
>
> Does anyone make a frameless, bracketless, beam-style 12" rear wiper
> blade?

I just go out and buy a pack of 24" refills then cut it and fit
to the old blade carrier. (doesn't work for all types and sometimes
requires a bit of epoxy or a small push-pin to keep the blade in
the holder)

It's a beam style, but take a look at PIAA 93530

--
DougW

Old October 2nd 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

DougW wrote:
> bw-fl wrote:
>> I put Rain-X Latitude beam-style wipers on my 1996 XJ's windshield,
>> but Rain-X doesn't make that style for the rear wiper, which is a 12"
>> blade on the pin-style arm.
>>
>> I bought a 12" Rain-X WeatherBeater Blade for the rear, but had to
>> return it because it would only fit the J-hook arm, and it didn't
>> include an adapter for the pin arm.
>>
>> Does anyone make a frameless, bracketless, beam-style 12" rear wiper
>> blade?

> I just go out and buy a pack of 24" refills then cut it and fit
> to the old blade carrier. (doesn't work for all types and sometimes
> requires a bit of epoxy or a small push-pin to keep the blade in
> the holder)
>
> It's a beam style, but take a look at PIAA 93530

Silblade makes 12 inch blades. I use a 13 inch and just trim a tad off
the one end.
Old October 2nd 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bw-fl

> It's a beam style, but take a look at PIAA 93530

I think that will fit. Thanks.

Wiper Blades Scott Dorsey Technology 2 August 11th 08 09:16 PM
Wiper blades Terry Driving 12 October 10th 06 12:09 AM
wiper blades Brian Foster Jeep 21 March 14th 06 04:28 PM
rear wiper blades don't work sofi Ford Explorer 2 August 8th 05 06:21 PM
Wiper Blades Gary Mazda 16 January 14th 05 10:48 PM