OT Is it wrong of me to think...

Old August 16th 05, 02:34 PM
ThaDriver

>..............I should lighten up. I'm actually a little bit lighter in
the wallet after spending $52 to fill up the Lexus this past weekend. Now
that we've got a break in this hot weather, I won't need the
airconditioning
and can drive the bug every day for awhile. There's too many hills around
here for me to bicycle at my age. It would be fun to have a Lambretta
like
the one I had back in the sixties while in college but there's too many
$#@^& SUV drivers with Kerry/Edwards stickers in back waiting to run me
down.
************
Well lets face it this country has gone to hell. There are no patriots
left at all, except for the poor that have no power.
Lexus? Everything I own I either built (from a total) or at least bought
needing major repair.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Old August 16th 05, 07:31 PM
Tim Rogers

"ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...

> Well lets face it this country has gone to hell. There are no patriots
> left at all, except for the poor that have no power.
> Lexus? Everything I own I either built (from a total) or at least bought
> needing major repair.

............This car (Lexus LS400) is 14 years old and was sold to me at half
of its book value by a friend who was the original owner and who kept
complete service records for it. One of those things that just fall into
your lap once in awhile. I always thought that they were just jazzed up
Toyotas but after driving it for almost a year now, I have to say that the
wealthy really do have the better things in life. At $60K when it was new,
it would have been a ridiculous idea for me to imagine having one. But even
now after all these years and about 140K miles, it's one of best cars that
I've ever had and I'm hoping that it will last for several years to come. My
biggest problem right now is that Haynes doesn't make a manual for it, the
two Toyota dealers in my area don't want to work on it, the closest Lexus
dealer is more than 100 miles away, the private shops don't see them very
often and think that I must be a rich loser for owning it even though it's
old and finally........after 140K miles it does need new shock struts front
and back. The guy at the Lexus dealer service dept. told me over the
telephone that the rear struts are very difficult and require a special tool
that only exists at a Lexus dealer. So, I may have to bite the bullet and
spend two weekends delivering and then picking it up from the dealer and
paying a lot of money for a job that I'd normally do myself on almost any
other car.

Old August 17th 05, 02:03 AM
johnboy

"ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...

> Well lets face it this country has gone to hell. There are no patriots
> left at all, except for the poor that have no power.

Are you a veteran?

Old August 17th 05, 03:44 AM
John Willis

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:31:06 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
scribbled this interesting note:

>........after 140K miles it does need new shock struts front
>and back. The guy at the Lexus dealer service dept. told me over the
>telephone that the rear struts are very difficult and require a special tool
>that only exists at a Lexus dealer.

An you believed him???

>So, I may have to bite the bullet and
>spend two weekends delivering and then picking it up from the dealer and
>paying a lot of money for a job that I'd normally do myself on almost any
>other car.

Don't do it Timmy!

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old August 17th 05, 03:58 AM
Tim Rogers

"John Willis" > wrote in message

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:31:06 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
> scribbled this interesting note:
>
> >........after 140K miles it does need new shock struts front
> >and back. The guy at the Lexus dealer service dept. told me over the
> >telephone that the rear struts are very difficult and require a special

tool
> >that only exists at a Lexus dealer.

> An you believed him???

...............Well, actually, yes. I did some independent research both
online and under the car myself and I think that it would be a big
cluster-f**k if I tried to tear into the rear suspension of this particular
car without a shop manual or the the right tools. The complexity of the rear
suspension on this car is like nothing I've seen.

Old August 18th 05, 01:31 AM
MUADIB®

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:58:06 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>"John Willis" > wrote in message
.. .

>> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:31:06 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
>> scribbled this interesting note:
>>
>> >........after 140K miles it does need new shock struts front
>> >and back. The guy at the Lexus dealer service dept. told me over the
>> >telephone that the rear struts are very difficult and require a special

>tool
>> >that only exists at a Lexus dealer.

>> An you believed him???
>>

>..............Well, actually, yes. I did some independent research both
>online and under the car myself and I think that it would be a big
>cluster-f**k if I tried to tear into the rear suspension of this particular
>car without a shop manual or the the right tools. The complexity of the rear
>suspension on this car is like nothing I've seen.

IT'S A 91 FOR GODS SAKE!
Go to the dealership and request a consultation with a tech. OR go to
the alt.toyota.camry group and see if you can get someone to help you
with procedures and maybe the tool (or where to buy one/rent one).
There are two or three guys over there that say they're techs too. (on
toyota ) and you can catch my political rants there too.LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

If A Quiz is Quizical,
What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been
cancelled due to a conflict.
Old August 18th 05, 01:49 AM
Lorem Ipsum

"MUADIB®" > wrote in message

> IT'S A 91 FOR GODS SAKE!
> Go to the dealership [....]

Scott, are we both caught in a time warp? 1991 was like 14 years ago
(actually, 15 in car-years). That's a long time for a vehicle.

Old August 18th 05, 02:45 AM
Tim Rogers

"MUADIB®" > wrote in message

> IT'S A 91 FOR GODS SAKE!
> Go to the dealership and request a consultation with a tech. OR go to
> the alt.toyota.camry group and see if you can get someone to help you
> with procedures and maybe the tool (or where to buy one/rent one).
> There are two or three guys over there that say they're techs too. (on
> toyota ) and you can catch my political rants there too.LOL

...................The LS400 had no corresponding Toyota model sold in North
America. You might be thinking of the smaller ES300 which is based on the
Camry platform. I have been to both of the Toyota dealers here in my area
and I've talked to one of the service managers at an out of town Lexus
dealership. This custom tool isn't sold or rented. It's a proprietary device
found only at Lexus dealers. The Toyota guys here are saying that they don't
even have the computer codes for the ECU on a LS400. This car is
considerably bigger than a Camry and has a 32 valve 4 liter V-8 that wasn't
offered in any Toyota back in '91.

Old August 18th 05, 04:27 AM
MUADIB®

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:45:58 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>"MUADIB®" > wrote in message
.. .

>> IT'S A 91 FOR GODS SAKE!
>> Go to the dealership and request a consultation with a tech. OR go to
>> the alt.toyota.camry group and see if you can get someone to help you
>> with procedures and maybe the tool (or where to buy one/rent one).
>> There are two or three guys over there that say they're techs too. (on
>> toyota ) and you can catch my political rants there too.LOL
>>

>..................The LS400 had no corresponding Toyota model sold in North
>America. You might be thinking of the smaller ES300 which is based on the
>Camry platform. I have been to both of the Toyota dealers here in my area
>and I've talked to one of the service managers at an out of town Lexus
>dealership. This custom tool isn't sold or rented. It's a proprietary device
>found only at Lexus dealers. The Toyota guys here are saying that they don't
>even have the computer codes for the ECU on a LS400. This car is
>considerably bigger than a Camry and has a 32 valve 4 liter V-8 that wasn't
>offered in any Toyota back in '91.

So,.................???? I was talking about getting some help. Not
redisigining the car...............nevermind,.............I'll get my
strut spring compressors out and be right there.............There's
not a tool we can't buy or make Tim.........there's just not. LOL

Buck up and kicik it'sa$$............I just put all four motor mounts
on an 85 Celebrity a few weeks back. I didn't have or use and engine
hoist. mind over matter. when I use my mind, nothing else matters.

LOL

Good luck for real Tim. I just thought it's a car..........it can;t be
that bad.

right after those damn cars hit the market, I was working at a ciruict
city and a guy decided he'd put a power wire in for a subwoofer amp
(mounting for free-air woofer already in vehicle, shure, weee kin
duit) he drilled for just s few seconds, penetrated the first layer of
firewall, then for the next ten minutes, the sand ran out like an hour
glass. That guy was harder to get rid of than a stuttering Jahovas
Witness!............everything he did was a F-up.
Anyway, the rrepair was terribly expensive, as it had to go to Lexus
for the proper refill of the firewall, after the hole was welded shut.

There was nothing normal about 'em from stereo installation point of
view, I guess it could be just as bad in the suspension.

Old August 18th 05, 06:40 AM
Jan

Tim Rogers wrote:
> "MUADIB®" > wrote in message
>
>>IT'S A 91 FOR GODS SAKE!
>>Go to the dealership and request a consultation with a tech. OR go to
>>the alt.toyota.camry group and see if you can get someone to help you
>>with procedures and maybe the tool (or where to buy one/rent one).
>>There are two or three guys over there that say they're techs too. (on
>>toyota ) and you can catch my political rants there too.LOL
>>

> ..................The LS400 had no corresponding Toyota model sold in North
> America. You might be thinking of the smaller ES300 which is based on the
> Camry platform. I have been to both of the Toyota dealers here in my area
> and I've talked to one of the service managers at an out of town Lexus
> dealership. This custom tool isn't sold or rented. It's a proprietary device
> found only at Lexus dealers. The Toyota guys here are saying that they don't
> even have the computer codes for the ECU on a LS400. This car is
> considerably bigger than a Camry and has a 32 valve 4 liter V-8 that wasn't
> offered in any Toyota back in '91.

Heyyy I know the LS400... my exes dad had one new. Nice car. Love the
engine, sophisticated V8.

Jan

car battery testers wrong??! [email protected] Technology 5 June 14th 05 02:42 PM
whats wrong? gabriel Honda 7 February 11th 05 03:39 PM
mounted wrong size tires DC Honda 11 November 2nd 04 04:12 PM
Nobody knows what is wrong with my 99 Dodge Avenger v6 LadyGelzer04 Dodge 14 May 22nd 04 04:13 AM