Car rocks like a boat?

Old August 30th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

Default Car rocks like a boat?

Playing GTR, when I wiggled a steering wheel back and forth, the car
rocks back and forth like a boat. Is that right? Thanks.
Old August 30th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Aug 29, 8:34*pm, John Doe > wrote:
> Playing GTR, when I wiggled a steering wheel back and forth, the car
> rocks back and forth like a boat. Is that right? Thanks.

at what speed are you going at ?
Old September 1st 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Aug 30, 11:28*am, John Doe > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Aug 29, 8:34*pm, John Doe > wrote:
> >> Playing GTR, when I wiggled a steering wheel back and forth, the car
> >> rocks back and forth like a boat. Is that right? Thanks.

> > at what speed are you going at ?

> Probably at least 120 miles an hour. The hood of the car rocks back and
> forth without the car changing direction. For all I know, that's
> perfectly normal, that's why I'm asking. Thanks.
>
> --
> The first big front wheel rollerblades.http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/

no, that's not right what you are describing; there is some bobbing
depending on bumpiness of the road and suspension settings, but that
dies off shortly after whatever caused that is past. you could be
experiencing a delayed response from your controler which could cause
some boatlike behaivior; or your graphic settings could be too high
slowing down the apparent response causing continual correction and
which may appear to result in boatlike behaivior. the cars being
modeled are very fast responsive race cars, steering is very precise
and that is what you should be experiencing. you have not provided any
information about the system you are running gtr on, so I cannot to
diagnose your experience further.

Australia ROCKS! Mitch___A[_2_] Simulators 4 October 6th 07 10:30 PM
Race2Play Rocks! [email protected] Simulators 5 February 3rd 07 12:24 AM
Frozen P4 (on the rocks) [email protected] Alfa Romeo 3 December 13th 05 10:21 PM
Google News rocks dwight Ford Mustang 2 October 27th 05 01:16 PM
Twin Screw rocks! Dan Ford Mustang 9 May 3rd 05 09:20 PM