Stop Press: Rookie gets podium finish at Lime Rock on iRacing!! - Ok third....

Old August 23rd 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rob P

Default Stop Press: Rookie gets podium finish at Lime Rock on iRacing!! - Ok third....

Hi All,

After a week where my times seemed to be going backwards, my consistent lap
times of 1:08-1:09 are paying off. It seems I can nail 1:08 consistently
without traffic and with traffic it drops.

It was a good race. I started 6th on the grid by breaking my golden rule of
never qualifying. However, once moving I used my standard plan of fall back
and take it easy on the first lap.

After that there were two overtaking maneuvers I had to perform. There is
nothing more exhilarating than performing and overtake and getting it right
and clean. - Awesome - So this is what racing is about!

At this point I was running fifth where I spent around half my race. On the
second half, from lap 10 onwards I found myself at 4th place without
actually doing anything, so I guess someone came off.

Stayed at forth until the last lap. On this lap I was running through the
Esses (LimeRock) and saw the third place guy get taken out by a lapper. I
had to swerve quite violently at turn 4 and felt the car start to skid onto
the grass. I thought - 'oh no this is the end of my race', but for some
reason I managed to hold it together.

That's how I came third Many racers here are probably thinking whoopie
do, but for a mediocre virtual racer like myself, getting on the podium is
quite an acheivement!

Champers all round tonight! )

RobP

Old August 23rd 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson

(Rob P) wrote:

> That's how I came third

Congrats. I came 4th once... out of 4. ;-)

Andrew McP

Old August 24th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
DavErb[_2_]

"Rob P" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> snip fine tale of thrilling dash to podium
>
> That's how I came third Many racers here are probably thinking whoopie
> do, but for a mediocre virtual racer like myself, getting on the podium is
> quite an acheivement!
>
> Champers all round tonight! )
>
> RobP

Congrats , I know the feeling. Sometimes the planet and stars align just
right

Or you could simply be getting better
I drink to that
Dave