Cyl 6 Misfire

Old May 1st 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AWN

Default Cyl 6 Misfire

The vehicle is a Œ95 4.3L Jimmy (W series V6) with a stocker ignition, new
cap/rotor/coil/plugs/wires

Old May 1st 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don[_1_]

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:39:37 -0400, AWN > wrote:

>The vehicle is a Œ95 4.3L Jimmy (W series V6) with a stocker ignition, new
>cap/rotor/coil/plugs/wires
>
>> I have a Cyl 6 misfire and I have a few questions... To start, I just
>> replaced all the plug wires with relatively decent Taylor 8.2mm Thundervolts.
>> Išve used these in the past and had very reliable results. Nonetheless, when
>> I run the truck in pitch dark and I look at the #6 wire, I see arching right
>> behind the boot.

Probably the outside of the spark plug is "tracked.' Look for a thin
line on the shell. you may be able to feel it with a fingernail.
When a track burns down the outside of the plug it damages the plug
and the wire boot both. Replace one and not the other and the arcing
will continue and your new plug or wire will be damaged.

Don
www.donsautomotive.com

vr6 misfire chaseb VW water cooled 0 July 19th 06 08:32 PM
audi a4 misfire scooter420 Audi 1 February 17th 06 10:57 PM
New owner - misfire miker Mazda 20 December 11th 05 03:08 AM
SL1 cylinder 1 misfire Rodster Saturn 2 October 8th 05 02:56 AM
'99 Passat misfire Don at The Travel Store VW water cooled 6 September 29th 05 02:59 AM