Driving slow does have its good points

Old January 25th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer - ECHM[_2_]

Default Driving slow does have its good points

Found myself out this AM before the elements of the zeitgeist woke up
and was driving south on an almost deserted IH95. It was in the
workzone where the SL is 55MPH. I noted a county mountie making a
u-turn and watching the SB lanes I was in (I was doing *maybe* 58 or
so) and a grey Tahoe was passing me as we passed the copper. And, of
course, I'm in the right lane where I am supposed to be.

The copper pulled out and I was sure he was going to nail the Tahoe
(FWIW, we both had local plates) but instead he decided to set himself
up a hundred feet or so behind me. Seeing this, I backed down from 58
to about 53 and set the cruise right there. Deputy Dog decides to stay
on my 6 O'clock waiting to see if I slip and start speeding (Allah as
my witness, I love cruise control).

The ****er even turns on his highbeams in what I can only ASSume was a
lame attempt to blind me through the mirrors to make me do something
that would look like a DUI (the nighttime feature on the RV mirror is
such a nice thing - though I hadn't had my morning coffee(!) and was a
bit on the tired side so this could have been a bad thing).

Upon this, I backed down to 50 and my copper friend decides to move
one to the left and pass me and continue on his way - making what was
a lame attempt at signaling lane changes; basically one flash of the
signal and that was it.

Copper and I both take Exit 29 to turn left on to US17 North. Seems as
if Officer Unfriendly is waiting for me at the stop sign as he doesn't
pull out to the median (its a bit wide here) untill I get to the stop
sign and then he waits in the median for a moment or two before
pulling out into the lane to continue (there was no traffic
approaching from either direction).

At the next light about 1/8 mile away he is in the righ tlane and I
pull in behind him (not about to give him an opportunity to get behind
me). After the light turns green, the lead car in the line, the copper
and myself pull slowly away from the intersection (he must have had
the same feeling about this cop as I had). Having had enough of this
goober and his games, I duck into a gas station for fuel - needed some
anyway - and some much needed coffee while a fustrated cop continued
on his way.

Maybe there is something to driving slow afterall - its a good way to
**** off cops....

--
"Eat ****, you criminal coddling psychopath.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-- Speeder & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (a.k.a:
Old January 25th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

necromancer - ECHM wrote:
> Found myself out this AM before the elements of the zeitgeist woke up
> and was driving south on an almost deserted IH95. It was in the
> workzone where the SL is 55MPH. I noted a county mountie making a
> u-turn and watching the SB lanes I was in (I was doing *maybe* 58 or
> so) and a grey Tahoe was passing me as we passed the copper. And, of
> course, I'm in the right lane where I am supposed to be.
>
> The copper pulled out and I was sure he was going to nail the Tahoe
> (FWIW, we both had local plates) but instead he decided to set himself
> up a hundred feet or so behind me. Seeing this, I backed down from 58
> to about 53 and set the cruise right there. Deputy Dog decides to stay
> on my 6 O'clock waiting to see if I slip and start speeding (Allah as
> my witness, I love cruise control).
>
> The ****er even turns on his highbeams in what I can only ASSume was a
> lame attempt to blind me through the mirrors to make me do something
> that would look like a DUI (the nighttime feature on the RV mirror is
> such a nice thing - though I hadn't had my morning coffee(!) and was a
> bit on the tired side so this could have been a bad thing).
>
> Upon this, I backed down to 50 and my copper friend decides to move
> one to the left and pass me and continue on his way - making what was
> a lame attempt at signaling lane changes; basically one flash of the
> signal and that was it.
>
> Copper and I both take Exit 29 to turn left on to US17 North. Seems as
> if Officer Unfriendly is waiting for me at the stop sign as he doesn't
> pull out to the median (its a bit wide here) untill I get to the stop
> sign and then he waits in the median for a moment or two before
> pulling out into the lane to continue (there was no traffic
> approaching from either direction).
>
> At the next light about 1/8 mile away he is in the righ tlane and I
> pull in behind him (not about to give him an opportunity to get behind
> me). After the light turns green, the lead car in the line, the copper
> and myself pull slowly away from the intersection (he must have had
> the same feeling about this cop as I had). Having had enough of this
> goober and his games, I duck into a gas station for fuel - needed some
> anyway - and some much needed coffee while a fustrated cop continued
> on his way.
>
> Maybe there is something to driving slow afterall - its a good way to
> **** off cops....
>
> --
> "Eat ****, you criminal coddling psychopath.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
> -- Speeder & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (a.k.a:
> LBMHB/lb-VH/aunt millie/AJ etc...) 10/12/07
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/ywcept
> Msg ID:

shoulda taken his unit number, high beams from behind is a serious dick
move. When people do that to me I adjust my inside mirror to straight
back and just use my side mirrors to see, but they don't seem to get it
(need to refine my aim I guess.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old January 26th 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-01-25, necromancer - ECHM > wrote:
> Found myself out this AM before the elements of the zeitgeist woke up
> and was driving south on an almost deserted IH95. It was in the
> workzone where the SL is 55MPH. I noted a county mountie making a
> u-turn and watching the SB lanes I was in (I was doing *maybe* 58 or
> so) and a grey Tahoe was passing me as we passed the copper. And, of
> course, I'm in the right lane where I am supposed to be.
>
> The copper pulled out and I was sure he was going to nail the Tahoe
> (FWIW, we both had local plates) but instead he decided to set himself
> up a hundred feet or so behind me. Seeing this, I backed down from 58
> to about 53 and set the cruise right there. Deputy Dog decides to stay
> on my 6 O'clock waiting to see if I slip and start speeding (Allah as
> my witness, I love cruise control).
>
> The ****er even turns on his highbeams in what I can only ASSume was a
> lame attempt to blind me through the mirrors to make me do something
> that would look like a DUI (the nighttime feature on the RV mirror is
> such a nice thing - though I hadn't had my morning coffee(!) and was a
> bit on the tired side so this could have been a bad thing).
>
> Upon this, I backed down to 50 and my copper friend decides to move
> one to the left and pass me and continue on his way - making what was
> a lame attempt at signaling lane changes; basically one flash of the
> signal and that was it.
>
> Copper and I both take Exit 29 to turn left on to US17 North. Seems as
> if Officer Unfriendly is waiting for me at the stop sign as he doesn't
> pull out to the median (its a bit wide here) untill I get to the stop
> sign and then he waits in the median for a moment or two before
> pulling out into the lane to continue (there was no traffic
> approaching from either direction).
>
> At the next light about 1/8 mile away he is in the righ tlane and I
> pull in behind him (not about to give him an opportunity to get behind
> me). After the light turns green, the lead car in the line, the copper
> and myself pull slowly away from the intersection (he must have had
> the same feeling about this cop as I had). Having had enough of this
> goober and his games, I duck into a gas station for fuel - needed some
> anyway - and some much needed coffee while a fustrated cop continued
> on his way.
>
> Maybe there is something to driving slow afterall - its a good way to
> **** off cops....

That's how I got pulled over for looking at a c(r)ook county mounty
started.

Old January 26th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Jan 25, 1:35*pm, necromancer - ECHM
> wrote:
> Found myself out this AM before the elements of the zeitgeist woke up
> and was driving south on an almost deserted IH95. It was in the
> workzone where the SL is 55MPH. I noted a county mountie making a
> u-turn and watching the SB lanes I was in (I was doing *maybe* 58 or
> so) and a grey Tahoe was passing me as we passed the copper. And, of
> course, I'm in the right lane where I am supposed to be.

So far so good.

> The copper pulled out and I was sure he was going to nail the Tahoe
> (FWIW, we both had local plates) but instead he decided to set himself
> up a hundred feet or so behind me. Seeing this, I backed down from 58
> to about 53 and set the cruise right there. Deputy Dog decides to stay
> on my 6 O'clock waiting to see if I slip and start speeding (Allah as
> my witness, I love cruise control).

I've forgotten what it is that you drive. Had this post come from
Scott, we would have known the cop's reason for that behavior.

> The ****er even turns on his highbeams in what I can only ASSume was a
> lame attempt to blind me through the mirrors to make me do something
> that would look like a DUI (the nighttime feature on the RV mirror is
> such a nice thing - though I hadn't had my morning coffee(!) and was a
> bit on the tired side so this could have been a bad thing).

Sounds like baiting tactics.

> Upon this, I backed down to 50 and my copper friend decides to move
> one to the left and pass me and continue on his way - making what was
> a lame attempt at signaling lane changes; basically one flash of the
> signal and that was it. *

Common signal technique; I have seen that a lot (and done it a few
times) in my area. Sort of keeps MFFY from behind from blocking a
pass and doing the box-in stunt.

> Copper and I both take Exit 29 to turn left on to US17 North. Seems as
> if Officer Unfriendly is waiting for me at the stop sign as he doesn't
> pull out to the median (its a bit wide here) untill I get to the stop
> sign and then he waits in the median for a moment or two before
> pulling out into the lane to continue (there was no traffic
> approaching from either direction).

Sounds like he wasn't quite done fishing.

> At the next light about 1/8 mile away he is in the righ tlane and I
> pull in behind him (not about to give him an opportunity to get behind
> me). After the light turns green, the lead car in the line, the copper
> and myself pull slowly away from the intersection (he must have had
> the same feeling about this cop as I had). Having had enough of this
> goober and his games, I duck into a gas station for fuel - needed some
> anyway - *and some much needed coffee while a fustrated cop continued
> on his way.
>
> Maybe there is something to driving slow afterall - its a good way to
> **** off cops....
>
> --

This reminds me a lot of the Bandit passing Smokey at exactly 55 mph
(movie was done during NMSL), and Smokey getting furious (with Bandit
grinning at him).

Now if the cop had stopped you despite being below the posted SL (some
will trump up charges like DUI while blowing .0000), you could have
earned an Aunt Judy Award(TM).
Old January 27th 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer - ECHM[_2_]

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:37:05 -0800 (PST), MLOM >
wrote:

>I've forgotten what it is that you drive. Had this post come from
>Scott, we would have known the cop's reason for that behavior.

'96 Taurus (easily a forgettible car... . My guess is the cop
thought he had an easy mark who would just roll over and pay any fine
due to a lack of resources to fight the ticket. Maybe when I didn't
take the bait, he thought better of it...

--
Aunt Judy demonstrates its lack of understanding
of the concept of "</killfile>," and "<killfile>,"

"Now that takes nerve. You claim to killfile
me TWICE in the same thread and you expect
people to take you seriously???"

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/r5qp9
Old January 28th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
marcia[_3_]

On Jan 25, 12:35*pm, necromancer - ECHM
> wrote:
> Found myself out this AM before the elements of the zeitgeist woke up
> and was driving south on an almost deserted IH95. It was in the
> workzone where the SL is 55MPH. I noted a county mountie making a
> u-turn and watching the SB lanes I was in (I was doing *maybe* 58 or
> so) and a grey Tahoe was passing me as we passed the copper. And, of
> course, I'm in the right lane where I am supposed to be.
>
> The copper pulled out and I was sure he was going to nail the Tahoe
> (FWIW, we both had local plates) but instead he decided to set himself
> up a hundred feet or so behind me. Seeing this, I backed down from 58
> to about 53 and set the cruise right there. Deputy Dog decides to stay
> on my 6 O'clock waiting to see if I slip and start speeding (Allah as
> my witness, I love cruise control).
>
> The ****er even turns on his highbeams in what I can only ASSume was a
> lame attempt to blind me through the mirrors to make me do something
> that would look like a DUI (the nighttime feature on the RV mirror is
> such a nice thing - though I hadn't had my morning coffee(!) and was a
> bit on the tired side so this could have been a bad thing).
>
> Upon this, I backed down to 50 and my copper friend decides to move
> one to the left and pass me and continue on his way - making what was
> a lame attempt at signaling lane changes; basically one flash of the
> signal and that was it. *
>
> Copper and I both take Exit 29 to turn left on to US17 North. Seems as
> if Officer Unfriendly is waiting for me at the stop sign as he doesn't
> pull out to the median (its a bit wide here) untill I get to the stop
> sign and then he waits in the median for a moment or two before
> pulling out into the lane to continue (there was no traffic
> approaching from either direction).
>
> At the next light about 1/8 mile away he is in the righ tlane and I
> pull in behind him (not about to give him an opportunity to get behind
> me). After the light turns green, the lead car in the line, the copper
> and myself pull slowly away from the intersection (he must have had
> the same feeling about this cop as I had). Having had enough of this
> goober and his games, I duck into a gas station for fuel - needed some
> anyway - *and some much needed coffee while a fustrated cop continued
> on his way.
>
> Maybe there is something to driving slow afterall - its a good way to
> **** off cops....

Why don't you just be a good driver and obey the laws? Then you
wouldn't have to play dumb games with law enforcement officials.
That's a game you are guaranteed to lose eventually anyway.
Old January 28th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
marcia[_4_]

On Jan 28, 11:19 am, marcia > wrote:
> On Jan 25, 12:35 pm, necromancer - ECHM
>

> > wrote:
> > Found myself out this AM before the elements of the zeitgeist woke up
> > and was driving south on an almost deserted IH95. It was in the
> > workzone where the SL is 55MPH. I noted a county mountie making a
> > u-turn and watching the SB lanes I was in (I was doing *maybe* 58 or
> > so) and a grey Tahoe was passing me as we passed the copper. And, of
> > course, I'm in the right lane where I am supposed to be.

> > The copper pulled out and I was sure he was going to nail the Tahoe
> > (FWIW, we both had local plates) but instead he decided to set himself
> > up a hundred feet or so behind me. Seeing this, I backed down from 58
> > to about 53 and set the cruise right there. Deputy Dog decides to stay
> > on my 6 O'clock waiting to see if I slip and start speeding (Allah as
> > my witness, I love cruise control).

> > The ****er even turns on his highbeams in what I can only ASSume was a
> > lame attempt to blind me through the mirrors to make me do something
> > that would look like a DUI (the nighttime feature on the RV mirror is
> > such a nice thing - though I hadn't had my morning coffee(!) and was a
> > bit on the tired side so this could have been a bad thing).

> > Upon this, I backed down to 50 and my copper friend decides to move
> > one to the left and pass me and continue on his way - making what was
> > a lame attempt at signaling lane changes; basically one flash of the
> > signal and that was it.

> > Copper and I both take Exit 29 to turn left on to US17 North. Seems as
> > if Officer Unfriendly is waiting for me at the stop sign as he doesn't
> > pull out to the median (its a bit wide here) untill I get to the stop
> > sign and then he waits in the median for a moment or two before
> > pulling out into the lane to continue (there was no traffic
> > approaching from either direction).

> > At the next light about 1/8 mile away he is in the righ tlane and I
> > pull in behind him (not about to give him an opportunity to get behind
> > me). After the light turns green, the lead car in the line, the copper
> > and myself pull slowly away from the intersection (he must have had
> > the same feeling about this cop as I had). Having had enough of this
> > goober and his games, I duck into a gas station for fuel - needed some
> > anyway - and some much needed coffee while a fustrated cop continued
> > on his way.

> > Maybe there is something to driving slow afterall - its a good way to
> > **** off cops....

> Why don't you just be a good driver and obey the laws? Then you
> wouldn't have to play dumb games with law enforcement officials.
> That's a game you are guaranteed to lose eventually anyway.

This message was frogged for trolling (and other purposes). If you
have a problem with the content of this post, contact Gregory Hall in
alt.usenet.kooks (AUK).
Old January 29th 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
§ñühw¤£f[_2_]

marcia > pinched out a steaming pile of<271ad769-
> [...]

>> pull in behind him (not about to give him an opportunity to get

behind
>> me). After the light turns green, the lead car in the line, the

copper
>> and myself pull slowly away from the intersection (he must have had
>> the same feeling about this cop as I had). Having had enough of this
>> goober and his games, I duck into a gas station for fuel - needed

some
>> anyway - *and some much needed coffee while a fustrated cop

continued
>> on his way.
>>
>> Maybe there is something to driving slow afterall - its a good way

>> **** off cops....

>Why don't you just be a good driver and obey the laws? Then you
>wouldn't have to play dumb games with law enforcement officials.
>That's a game you are guaranteed to lose eventually anyway.

Pigs are under pressure to produce in this tight economy too.
Theres revenue in those traffic tickets.
FYI
HTH

--
http://www.bds-palestine.net/?q=node/9
___ ___ ___ ___
Old January 29th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
marcia[_4_]

On Jan 29, 11:44 am, §ñühw¤£f > wrote:
> [...]

> >> me). After the light turns green, the lead car in the line, the

> copper
> >> and myself pull slowly away from the intersection (he must have had
> >> the same feeling about this cop as I had). Having had enough of this
> >> goober and his games, I duck into a gas station for fuel - needed

> some
> >> anyway - and some much needed coffee while a fustrated cop

> continued
> >> on his way.

> >> Maybe there is something to driving slow afterall - its a good way

> >> **** off cops....

> >Why don't you just be a good driver and obey the laws? Then you
> >wouldn't have to play dumb games with law enforcement officials.
> >That's a game you are guaranteed to lose eventually anyway.

> Pigs are under pressure to produce in this tight economy too.
> Theres revenue in those traffic tickets.

The original message was frogged.
Old January 30th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
§ñühw¤£f[_2_]

marcia > pinched out a steaming pile
>:

>On Jan 29, 11:44 am, §ñühw¤£f > wrote:
>> marcia > pinched out a steaming pile

of<271ad769-
>> >:

woke
>> up

or

of

Tahoe

>> himself

from
>> 58

>> stay

(Allah
>> as

was

something

mirror
>> is

was

move

>> was

the

Seems
>> as

>> doesn't

>> stop

>> behind

>> copper

had

this

>> some

>> continued

way

>> >Why don't you just be a good driver and obey the laws? Then you
>> >wouldn't have to play dumb games with law enforcement officials.
>> >That's a game you are guaranteed to lose eventually anyway.

>> Pigs are under pressure to produce in this tight economy too.
>> Theres revenue in those traffic tickets.
>> FYI
>> HTH

>The original message was frogged.

That may well be...but MY JUDGEMENT STANDS!!!1111!!!!!!

So Mote it Be.