Radio Code entered but stereo won't play

Old February 7th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Radio Code entered but stereo won't play

I bought a 91 BMW 735i and the radio had the word "Code" on it. I
looked in the owner's manual and retrieved the code from there. I had
to enter multiple times before it actually took. Now the stereo turns
on and will find stations using the seek buttons but no sound plays. I
also can't seem to set the clock. It doesn't take any of the entries I
make.

Old February 8th 06, 12:38 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Radio code can't be entered more than 3 times incorrectly. If that is done,
you must reset it by leaving the radio powered on, but not playing
obviously, for about one hour until it says "code" again.

ps.com...

Old February 8th 06, 12:48 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I thought it took twice as long before you could have another go each time -
1, 2, 4, 8s ...

Old February 8th 06, 03:46 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

It's dead, Jim...

Seriously, if it will tune in stations and the display looks fine,
either all of the speakers are dead or more likely the amp inside the
radio is dead or in the case of an external amp it's dead or not
getting power.

I know I'll get flamed for this but my experience has shown this is
the common problems..

Old February 9th 06, 12:07 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Psycho" > wrote in message
> It's dead, Jim...
>
> Seriously, if it will tune in stations and the display looks fine,
> either all of the speakers are dead or more likely the amp inside the
> radio is dead or in the case of an external amp it's dead or not
> getting power.
>
> I know I'll get flamed for this but my experience has shown this is
> the common problems..
>
> On 7 Feb 2006 09:54:47 -0800, "criii" > wrote:
>
>>I bought a 91 BMW 735i and the radio had the word "Code" on it. I
>>looked in the owner's manual and retrieved the code from there. I had
>>to enter multiple times before it actually took. Now the stereo turns
>>on and will find stations using the seek buttons but no sound plays. I
>>also can't seem to set the clock. It doesn't take any of the entries I
>>make.

Perhaps someone has had it out and not plugged the speaker cables back in?

Where exactly did the car and radio come from???

Old February 21st 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Thanks for all the advice and sorry it took me so long to reply. It was
in the Car when I bought it. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet
and I haven't tried to play a CD from the CD changer.

first dead battery, now no radio. code ? what code ? Scott Audi 12 January 25th 05 04:07 PM
lost radio code mickt Alfa Romeo 4 October 4th 04 08:23 PM
85 735i remore with alarm and radio code Jeremy BMW 0 September 28th 04 02:17 PM
Source for radio code, 1990 V8 Quattro. John Audi 4 August 29th 04 12:50 PM
how to remove a radio from 2004 Chevy full size Truck?? timm General 1 May 27th 04 01:55 AM