Miata vs. 18 wheeler

Old June 25th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson[_2_]

Default Miata vs. 18 wheeler

http://gallery.me.com/textbound#100114

Jim

Old June 25th 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Davoud[_2_]

George Jetson wrote:

> http://gallery.me.com/textbound#100114

Too bad. I take it there was a fatality or two? It's what can happen
when automobile drivers fail to understand trucks and truck drivers.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old June 25th 09, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson[_2_]

No, no fatalities. The driver has posted occasionally on miata.net after the
accident. The truck driver was charged in the accident. Not all truck
drivers are saints.

Jim

Old June 25th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson[_2_]

Here's the link to the story that goes with the pictures.

Jim

Old June 25th 09, 01:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson[_2_]

Doh!

http://www.edgeofsomewhere.com/Journal/trauma-t1571

Jim

Old June 25th 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
xyzzy

On Jun 24, 10:23*pm, "George Jetson" >
wrote:
> * *http://gallery.me.com/textbound#100114
>
> Jim

Don't let my wife see that or she'll demand that I sell the Miata.
Old June 25th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

xyzzy wrote:
>George Jetson wrote:
>> http://gallery.me.com/textbound#100114
>>
>> Jim

>Don't let my wife see that or she'll demand that I sell the Miata.

Make sure you have her read the blog entries where the driver wrote
that he walked away with minor injuries!

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old June 25th 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

Quite a few years ago, There was an accident on what was then I-55
(originally part of the old route 66) just north of the lake Springfield
(Illinois) bridge. Seems that a Volks Beetle got run over by a semi.
The beetle was shredded by the semi, and in the process broke the steering
gear on the semi. The semi with parts of the beetle stuck underneath, went
off the interstate into a small pine forest, and started a localized forest
fire. It took quite an effort to even find out exactly how many people were
involved.

Moral? When you are in a four wheeled car, semis have absolute right of
way.

Old June 26th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
CR[_2_]

One reason why we strive to avoid the Interstate "slab". It's somewhat
intimidating looking at the undercarriage of trucks as they go by in
adjacent lanes. Maybe paranoid - but the drivers, tires, and proximity
are creepy. Same with "bubbas" in pick'em ups and "yupp-bas" in SUVs...

Old June 26th 09, 10:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
JPh

Good to hear that you recovered from this
In Europe most trucks are fitted with "underrun guards" front rear & side &
have been for some time. I'm not sure if it's a legal requirement.
Don't most trucks have these in US also?

John Phelan