anyone seen my 13mm wrench?

Old May 21st 11, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Default anyone seen my 13mm wrench?

I just put it down... It's around here somewhere.

Old May 21st 11, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Henderson

David Gravereaux wrote:

> I just put it down... It's around here somewhere.

Reminds me of the time I lost mine without realizing it.

I found it when I was out in the boondocks with a freshly seized
engine - it had jammed between the crankshaft pulley and the
tinware.

Retrieving it was the easiest engine fix I ever did.

John

Old May 22nd 11, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

"David Gravereaux" wrote in message

>I just put it down... It's around here somewhere.

just reach over into the box and grab another... I must have 10 of them...
probably for the same reason, I just put it down...hell I'll buy another
one... hey, there it is!

Old May 22nd 11, 10:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Bit like screwdrivers. If I want a blade screwdriver my drawer is full of
Philips. If I need a Philips, drawer will be full of inch blades.

Old May 22nd 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Demopublica

In article >,
David Gravereaux > wrote:

> I just put it down... It's around here somewhere.

a 1/2 inch wrench is so close. in fact it's great for muffler nuts that
may have rusted just a bit. i.e. smaller than 13 mm.
--
Karma, What a concept!
Old May 23rd 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

On 05/21/2011 04:57 PM, Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "David Gravereaux" wrote in message
>
>> I just put it down... It's around here somewhere.

> just reach over into the box and grab another... I must have 10 of
> them... probably for the same reason, I just put it down...hell I'll buy
> another one... hey, there it is!

I have four including a right angle one. And yeah, I just grab another
and the lost one turns up. Nothing makes me more crazy than losing
tools I just had in my hand 4 seconds ago.

Old May 25th 11, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

"David Gravereaux" wrote in message
news

>I have four including a right angle one. And yeah, I just grab another
>and the lost one turns up. Nothing makes me more crazy than losing
>tools I just had in my hand 4 seconds ago.

reminds me of an old episode of either twilight zone or Alfred Hitchcock....
the blue guys that build the stages sometimes forget to place everything in
the exact spot!

Old June 5th 11, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 05/23/2011 01:27 PM, David Gravereaux wrote:
> On 05/21/2011 04:57 PM, Joey Tribiani wrote:
>> "David Gravereaux" wrote in message
>>
>>> I just put it down... It's around here somewhere.

>> just reach over into the box and grab another... I must have 10 of
>> them... probably for the same reason, I just put it down...hell I'll buy
>> another one... hey, there it is!

> I have four including a right angle one. And yeah, I just grab another
> and the lost one turns up. Nothing makes me more crazy than losing
> tools I just had in my hand 4 seconds ago.

I found one inside the inner fender of my old Scirocco once :/ That one
was lost for several years, but never rattled!

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Dewalt Heavy-Duty 1/2" (13mm) VSR Dual Range Hammerdrill Kit [email protected] Honda 0 May 22nd 09 03:04 AM
Hand me that wrench Server 13 Saturn 0 March 28th 07 05:03 PM
Cordless impact wrench & Goodyear impact wrench [email protected] Technology 12 June 14th 06 03:33 PM
torque wrench bug '59 VW air cooled 4 November 10th 05 08:37 PM
Has anyone seen this wrench? Noah Smith Antique cars 0 January 31st 04 05:41 AM