84 Rabbit GTI

Old July 12th 05, 08:24 PM
Lee

Default 84 Rabbit GTI

I know this may seem like a lame question. but on a 1984 Rabbit GTI, how do
you turn on the rear wiper? when I turn on the wiper there is no setting
that affects the rear, front wipers work fine, in the dash there is no
button for the rear wiper.. can someone give me a clue.

-=Lee=-

Old July 12th 05, 09:06 PM
tado

Push the wiper arm away from you.
Instead of towards you for the washer spray.

Old July 12th 05, 11:05 PM
Dave

"Lee" > wrote:

>I know this may seem like a lame question. but on a 1984 Rabbit GTI, how do
>you turn on the rear wiper? when I turn on the wiper there is no setting
>that affects the rear, front wipers work fine, in the dash there is no
>button for the rear wiper.. can someone give me a clue.
>
>-=Lee=-

Push the wiper stalk.
Old July 13th 05, 12:58 AM
Nate Nagel

Dave wrote:
> "Lee" > wrote:
>

>>I know this may seem like a lame question. but on a 1984 Rabbit GTI, how do
>>you turn on the rear wiper? when I turn on the wiper there is no setting
>>that affects the rear, front wipers work fine, in the dash there is no
>>button for the rear wiper.. can someone give me a clue.
>>
>>-=Lee=-
>>

> Push the wiper stalk.

To answer the next question, push it again to turn it off

welcome to the weirdness that is VW rear wiper controls.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old July 13th 05, 04:10 AM
Matt B.

"tado" > wrote in message
> Push the wiper arm away from you.
> Instead of towards you for the washer spray.

and if it's anything like on my A2, pushing away a little bit turns it on
and pushing it away a lot sprays the back window.

(in theory, anyway.)

it's such a fine line between the two functions that I always ended up
spraying the back window regardless of which function I intended to
activate.

Old July 13th 05, 08:47 PM
Lee

Hello Folks, I tired out what people said,

I tried pushing it forward and mist comes out, push it back and the other
wipers mist comes out, how ever the back wiper does not turn on, tried
pulling on the arm outwards nothing, so still a mystery.. 84 Rabbit GTI...
trying to turn rear wiper on.

-Lee

Old July 13th 05, 10:54 PM
Nate Nagel

something is not right then, check the motor, wiring, relay etc.

nate

Lee wrote:
> Hello Folks, I tired out what people said,
>
> I tried pushing it forward and mist comes out, push it back and the other
> wipers mist comes out, how ever the back wiper does not turn on, tried
> pulling on the arm outwards nothing, so still a mystery.. 84 Rabbit GTI...
> trying to turn rear wiper on.
>
> -Lee
>
> "tado" > wrote in message
>
>>Push the wiper arm away from you.
>>Instead of towards you for the washer spray.

. ..