Kumho tires?

Old March 26th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

Default Kumho tires?

Anyone have any experience with Kumho tires? Specifically LT225/75R16
VENTURE AT KL78 OWL E. I have a chance to pick up 4 for $350 plus $90
shipping. Or should I just stop being cheap and get the BFG All Terrain
A/T KOs (same size)?
--
FRH
Old March 26th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl S

Never ran the Kumho's, but you just can't go wrong with the BFG AT.

Carl

Old March 26th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Ditto. And there's something about a bird in the hand. And why weren't
these tires good enough for the seller?
The tires on my '89 Thunderbird are more aggressive than these:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nture+AT +825
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 27th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate

I always used to run Nittos on my Cobra, I tried Kuhmos the last time I
bought tires because they were considerably less expensive for the same
tire.
My experience was that they were pretty good tires.
They were't as "sticky" as the Nittos but they did hold the road pretty
well, didn't wear as fast and held well on wet roads.
Keep in mind, these weren't a tire for a Jeep, they were low profile go-fast
tires on a low slung hot rod,but all in all, I would consider them again for
the same application IF I couldn't afford Nittos.

Kate
2O|||||||O6 Rubicon
..

Old March 27th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl S

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how's the house coming, kate?

Carl

. ..

Old March 27th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
c[_1_]

Frank_v7.0 wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with Kumho tires? Specifically LT225/75R16
> VENTURE AT KL78 OWL E. I have a chance to pick up 4 for $350 plus $90
> shipping. Or should I just stop being cheap and get the BFG All Terrain
> A/T KOs (same size)?

I haven't personally owned them, but a few friends have them on vehicles
I frequently ride in. The AT is a decent tire, and the MT seems even
better. The MT is a nice quiet tire considering the relatively
aggressive tread on it. If you look on www.tirerack.com you can read
reviews other people post about the tires also.

Chris
Old March 27th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

That web site has them rated higher than the BFG All Terrain T/A KOs.
And the reviews from users are very positive. Tomorrow I'm going to
check prices at the local tire shops. If they're close I'll buy them
locally. Thanks.

--
FRH
Old March 27th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Stupendous Man

I ran a set of Kumho 13s on my VW diesel. They handled ok, but wore out
fairly fast comp-ared to other tires i have run, but I drive hard on
mountain roads.
They squealed on corners my firestones didn't.

I would take tire rack's survey with a grain of salt, most drivers wouldn't
know the difference, and new tires always are better than worn out tires.
--
Stupendous Man,

Old March 27th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

Those tires are the "825" series. I'm looking at the KL78 line. A bit
more aggressive. The MT series is really aggressive, but since this is
for my '04 TJ, which is my only vehicle, road noise is a factor. Also,
since I'm retired, cost is a factor. And compared to what I'm using now
the Kumhos will be a definite improvement.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014

It would seem the seller is a tire shop/auto accessory dealer. They
usually don't get too attached to the items they're selling. :-)

--
FRH
Old March 27th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

LOL! I agree. I check the wear bars on what I'm running daily. At best
I've got a few thousand miles left and I don't like getting that close.

Stupendous Man wrote:
>new tires always are better than worn out tires.

--
FRH

Kumho Tire Experiences - Marshal 791 Touring A/S? [email protected] Technology 1 September 28th 06 07:42 AM
New tires: Kumho or Cooper? JP[_2_] Technology 3 August 21st 06 09:35 PM
Winter drivinng: FWD and RWD with snow tires vs. AWD with all-season tires - what people who have done the tests say GRL BMW 27 February 26th 06 06:27 PM
Kumho Road Venture MT 834 DougD Jeep 3 December 21st 05 01:06 AM
KUMHO 825 AT TYRES/TIRES Marcus 4x4 2 December 20th 04 06:35 PM