1994 Polo 1.3L Heavy steering

Old July 25th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
al

Default 1994 Polo 1.3L Heavy steering

Pedro wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there anything I can do to make the steering any lighter? Also on full
> lock and the car is moving there is a strange hum coming through the
> steering wheel.
>
> Thanks

Increasing tyre pressure will make it easier to rotate the steering wheel,
although not correcting any mechanical defect regarding the strange hum.
al.

Old July 25th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Pedro[_2_]

The hum sounds like a power steering pump. But I believe that this model
does not have power steering!

Old July 25th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Al[_6_]

> The hum sounds like a power steering pump. But I believe that this
> model does not have power steering!

Didn't some Polo models have the electric power steering system? But I
suspect that came later than your model. Weird, sounds like a PS problem.
Puzzling.

Al.
Old July 26th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Ears

Check: Power Steering Fluid.... BELT (if this is slipping, steering
effort will increase)... I have a feeling that might be your problem.

Old July 26th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Ears

This is a U.S. group (the Polo is not available here unfortunately).
You're welcome to post here, of course, but you may have better luck
at

uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled

Happy motoring!

Audi A4 SE (2003) Heavy Steering [email protected] Audi 1 June 19th 07 04:17 PM
1994 polo mk 3 power steering Pedro VW water cooled 0 May 2nd 06 08:14 AM
VW Polo Ad? WVK VW water cooled 0 September 11th 05 11:52 PM
Power steering with 1994 EFI 351W engine in 68 coupe? Thomas Cameron Ford Mustang 3 July 27th 05 10:53 PM