HO HO HO!!!

Old December 27th 04, 07:54 AM
Jan Andersson

David Gravereaux wrote:

> "ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote:
>
> >But I got two EMAILS from this asshole (saying it was the newsgroup).

> Those *.test ones are relays, I'm guessing. You didn't get those email
> from the poster!
> --
> David Gravereaux >
> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]

Yes, whenever you post something to the TEST newsgroups, there is an
automatic "bot" that
replies to your email address to let you know your message made it to
the group. It's just an automated confirmation for you that everything
worked.

Jan
Old December 27th 04, 08:00 AM
Jan Andersson

ThaDriver wrote:

> >Some of these hackers are smart enough to try parsing addresses for the

> obvious. Some harvesters do it. I don't know if your email address really
> is
> "imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom" but parsing AT and DOT is pretty simple. If
> they
> get it wrong, big deal. It's about percentages.
> **********
> Yeah; I was thinking that was too simple a fix (had just the straight
> email before). Guess I just need to add something like "yourpanties" (I
> forget who does that). But then maybe they'll parse that & other commonly
> used words/phrases too. So random numbers & letters?
> ~ Paul
> aka "Tha Driver"
>
> Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny*!

get a free email account with yahoo or something, set up a couple of
aggressive spam filters, and forget about the whole thing. Or use a
totally bogus address. If people need to contact you, you can leave an
URL to your website, where you have the information stored as an image
file.

Jan
Old December 27th 04, 11:22 PM
ThaDriver

>Yes, whenever you post something to the TEST newsgroups, there is an
automatic "bot" that
replies to your email address to let you know your message made it to
the group. It's just an automated confirmation for you that everything
worked.
Jan
******
Yeah I didn't post anything to the "TEST" newsgroups or with "test"
anywhere in the post...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old December 28th 04, 01:30 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: "ThaDriver"

>Yeah I didn't post anything to the "TEST" newsgroups or with "test"
>anywhere in the post...

no *YOU* didn't but some jackass was probably running some jackass program that
did....there were some off the wall "posts" from everyone that posted to this
group(and others) that night...they were crossposted to the "test"
groups....not to fear we all knew it wasn't you.....(or me or tim, or shag, or
the others that were "spoofed"...)

-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old December 28th 04, 05:03 AM
ThaDriver

>>Yeah I didn't post anything to the "TEST" newsgroups or with "test"
>>anywhere in the post...

>no *YOU* didn't but some jackass was probably running some jackass

program
that
did....there were some off the wall "posts" from everyone that posted to
this
group(and others) that night...they were crossposted to the "test"
groups....not to fear we all knew it wasn't you.....(or me or tim, or
shag, or
the others that were "spoofed"...)
********
I see. Just another script kiddie, huh?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old December 29th 04, 06:51 AM
Kidd Andersson

>get a free email account with yahoo or something, set up a couple of
>aggressive spam filters, and forget about the whole thing.

Yes, do that. So when your significant other e-mails you, the spam filters will
automatically dump it in the trash and you never get it. It's so helpful.
*glares at Jan*

K.

John C's proof: http://hometown.aol.com/littlevwgoddess/page5.html
Old December 29th 04, 07:47 AM
Jan Andersson

Kidd Andersson wrote:

> >get a free email account with yahoo or something, set up a couple of
> >aggressive spam filters, and forget about the whole thing.

> Yes, do that. So when your significant other e-mails you, the spam filters will
> automatically dump it in the trash and you never get it. It's so helpful.
> *glares at Jan*
>
> K.
>
> John C's proof: http://hometown.aol.com/littlevwgoddess/page5.html

Ooops...