My Blue 73 SB is alive again.

Old August 18th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Default My Blue 73 SB is alive again.

Having a 2 year old and the wife works too has pushed my car hobbies
down pretty far on the priority list. Hobby or not, I drive the blue
one to work. Yeah, I can borrow the wife car, and trade around to make
a car share manageable, but my blue SB has been dead since March.
I've had all the parts for a while and finally got enough Saturday
afternoons accrued to finish a top-end rebuild and tranny swap.

She runs great. Some small details to go, but I'm very pleased. Disk
brake kit next. I hope it doesn't take me another four months to fight
tooth and nail to clear the time. And my dead motorcycle.. and the
Beige SB with a 914 engine isn't running either.. and a started chopper
project with a 72 Honda 750cc SOHC engine.. Oh for the life of me can
ever get to any of it?
Old August 18th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

David Gravereaux wrote:
> Having a 2 year old and the wife works too has pushed my car hobbies
> down pretty far on the priority list. Hobby or not, I drive the blue
> one to work. Yeah, I can borrow the wife car, and trade around to make
> a car share manageable, but my blue SB has been dead since March. I've
> had all the parts for a while and finally got enough Saturday afternoons
> accrued to finish a top-end rebuild and tranny swap.
>
> She runs great. Some small details to go, but I'm very pleased. Disk
> brake kit next. I hope it doesn't take me another four months to fight
> tooth and nail to clear the time. And my dead motorcycle.. and the
> Beige SB with a 914 engine isn't running either.. and a started chopper
> project with a 72 Honda 750cc SOHC engine.. Oh for the life of me can
> ever get to any of it?

I know exactly how you mean.
14 month old, 6 year old, and a 6+ month pregnant wife who works... and
I work 11-12 hour days, sometimes more. Live in a condo, no garage, just
parking lot. Can't work on my own cars at work. No time for anything.

All of our cars need attention. We have the '70 nova, '87 Jeep and '96
Neon here, '66 Mustang at a friend's house if it still exists, and my 68
bug in Finland waiting to be shipped here.

Thinking of getting a minivan (gag) and losing the POS Neon.
Old August 19th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> I know exactly how you mean.
> 14 month old, 6 year old, and a 6+ month pregnant wife who works... and I
> work 11-12 hour days, sometimes more. Live in a condo, no garage, just
> parking lot. Can't work on my own cars at work. No time for anything.
>
> All of our cars need attention. We have the '70 nova, '87 Jeep and '96
> Neon here, '66 Mustang at a friend's house if it still exists, and my 68
> bug in Finland waiting to be shipped here.
>
> Thinking of getting a minivan (gag) and losing the POS Neon.

congrats to you and Kidd on the upcoming addition to the family....

Old August 19th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

And it doesnt stop once the kids get older!. Mine are 30-35 and still reckon
the old man is good value.
John

Old August 19th 08, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> >
>> I know exactly how you mean.
>> 14 month old, 6 year old, and a 6+ month pregnant wife who works... and I
>> work 11-12 hour days, sometimes more. Live in a condo, no garage, just
>> parking lot. Can't work on my own cars at work. No time for anything.
>>
>> All of our cars need attention. We have the '70 nova, '87 Jeep and '96
>> Neon here, '66 Mustang at a friend's house if it still exists, and my 68
>> bug in Finland waiting to be shipped here.
>>
>> Thinking of getting a minivan (gag) and losing the POS Neon.

> congrats to you and Kidd on the upcoming addition to the family....

Thanks... we just learned it's a girl
Old August 20th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Aug 19, 4:37�am, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
> > "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> >> I know exactly how you mean.
> >> 14 month old, 6 year old, and a 6+ month pregnant wife who works... and I
> >> work 11-12 hour days, sometimes more. Live in a condo, no garage, just
> >> parking lot. Can't work on my own cars at work. No time for anything.

> >> All of our cars need attention. We have the '70 nova, '87 Jeep and '96
> >> Neon here, '66 Mustang at a friend's house if it still exists, and my 68
> >> bug in Finland waiting to be shipped here.

> >> Thinking of getting a minivan (gag) and losing the POS Neon.

> > congrats to you and Kidd on the upcoming addition to the family....

> Thanks... we just learned it's a girl - Hide quoted text -

Hey Jan Congrats

playing with everyone elses VW's gives me no time for my own. the 64
is still a great toy but I would like to finish another for myself..
some day ;0)
Old August 20th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> Thanks... we just learned it's a girl

congrats again!!! we had a boy first then a girl.... family complete...

Old August 20th 08, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
>> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>>> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

>> Thanks... we just learned it's a girl

> congrats again!!! we had a boy first then a girl.... family complete...

Yes.. COMPLETE.. no more!
Old August 20th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> Joey Tribiani wrote:

>>> Thanks... we just learned it's a girl

>> congrats again!!! we had a boy first then a girl.... family complete...

> Yes.. COMPLETE.. no more!

be sure..... snippety snip!

Old August 21st 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
>> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>>> congrats again!!! we had a boy first then a girl.... family complete...

>> Yes.. COMPLETE.. no more!

> be sure..... snippety snip!

damn right. Both of us too